Pentax K-7

Announced May 20, 2009 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
_timo_

In the progression from the very good K10D through the excellent K20D, the K-7 has addressed many, if not most of the weaker points of the previous cameras without sacrificing either image quality or ergonomics. Nice, compact design, good viewfinder, and of course the K-mount with Pentax's excellent glass. Problems: First body displayed a pale green line through some exposures; hard to figure out what conditions would cause it. No problem with the replacement body.

dsm6

This is the ferrari of dSLR's. It's small, fast, efficient, and the build quality is outstanding. It is a wonderful camera for outdoor sports, traveling, and for active people.

Jimmy DL

A wonderful pice of equipment in a tiny package. One of it´s most useful features in my opinion is it´s quiet shutter. Makes it one of the best streetcameras I´ve ever encountered. Problems: The small body makes some of the button layout quite tight. While it haven´t been any problems for me I still wonder how it will be like using it in the cold winter with gloves.

Nass

Feels very solid and durable, it's not a monster like most modern dSLRs. It makes a photographer's life easier with a lot of inbuilt functionality. Problems: It chewed 3 mermory cards in the first week but the problem hasn't come back since.

mnovikov

Very impressive performance in a compact body with excellent and intuitive ergonomics and every function, including multiple lines of customisation, I can think about. Autofocus is fast, sensitive, powerful (for the screw-driven lenses) and decisive, no hunting, no more missed pictures. Image quality is excellent. Even with Noise Reduction turned off it is excellent up to ISO 800 and usable all the way up to the 3200 and 6400. Worth every penny, esp considering the competition prices.

laurynas

Best digital Pentax so far. Small, sealed, intuitive, fast, silent. there are no alternatives to it, while D300s and 7D offer similar features(but not all) - they are huge. things unique to it: 1. Auto WB that works with incandescent lightning, no need to change WB anymore. 2. Auto leveling makes straightening horizons a thing of the past. so what that other cameras can show you that you're about right with horizon if you still have to fix the remaining 0,5 or so % in postprocessing. 3. Size. ...

SpartanWarrior

After owning the Canon 350D to the 40D I made my move to Pentax K20D and really liked it better than the 40D, then after hearing about the release of the K7 I sold my K20D and bought the K7 and this is the camera to have much better than the K20D although IQ is the same but just it's features is more than worth it and the AWB walks all over the K20D, very happy;) Problems: NONE.

Peter Szymiczek

I'm generally very happy with the camera. Feels solid, the weather sealing adds confidence. Very pleasing auto WB. Quiet shutter helps taking candid shots. AF is much better than on any Pentax I have tried before, but still not 100% accurate - this seems to be very much lens dependent. If I could change something, I would trade 2Mpixels of resolution for less high ISO noise. In some situations shake reduction compensates for that. Problems: To my liking, the K-7 is a bit too keen on selecting ...

adamfrance

I have been using the K7 for nearly two months now and find it has met almost all of my needs so far. The best features are its rugged compact construction, and the reliable AF, which was a big improvement on my K10D. Teamed with a DA 35 and DA 70 Ltd, I have a neat go everywhere package that takes pictures good enough and large enough in resolution to make sharp and richly coloured and textured A4 prints if desired. The battery life is excellent, the flash is quite strong enough for large ga ...

Gio 645

I had the chance to test the camera for 2 days and I was very impressed. The best camera Pentax has produced ever.