Pentax K-7

Announced May 20, 2009 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
soheil

I've recently switched to K7 from K20. When I read the specifications of K7 on the net, I thought to myself it had all thing I was asking for on my K20 and it really had. I love the speed of AF and burst and the added details in the view finder and top panel. I love the extensive custom functions of it and the built quality, although my K20 was nothing less. The back LCD is excellent and AF beam is a nice add on. Problems: I liked the grip of K20 more than K7.

Paul Cruchten

I've been using this camera now since August. At first, I wasn't sure whether it was a good choice to sell my K20D to buy the K-7. But since then, I have to say that the K-7 is a worthy update, if only for the video mode. There are as well the improved seals and faster AF and so on. But basically, it is – as with all Pentax cameras, ergonomics that make the difference. The K-7 is smaller than the K20D and is just nice to handle. The battery grip gives it an extra, especially for larger hands. ...

Simon CHEUNG

I've used this camera for a month. It's absolutely a user designed camera with very good image quality. You've to explore its capabilities and you'll love it. Problems: nil

alexander L

I have this camera 2 months, my third digital Pentax. Absolutely brilliant evolutionary camera design. In size and balance it reminds of *istDS. Sealed/compact/metal body ideal for my mountain/nature photography. Far too many gimmicks &features for me, but once configured for one´s own control preferences it can become delightfully simple and intuitive to work with. Mode selector locking saves many unpleasant surprises I had with earlier models. Highlight/Shadow mode works well. Battery ...

mjdundee

The K7 is a very well maufactured small package that feels and handles like a super sports car compared to a truck if I consider the EOS 7D and the Nikon 300D as main rivals. Its menue and button funktions are a clear step ahead of the already well thought and good handling of the K10/K20. It is also packed with features that a average user will hardly ever use more than once or twice and has some extras that are unique to Pentax cameras. Image quality is much different from the k10 and I ...

Lance B

Brilliant build, handling, features, quiet mirror and IQ. Love the small size. Rolls Royce of APS C DSLR's. This camera makes photography a joy.

Dico

I'm new to DSLR and while searching was amazed at the features and quality construction for the price. Now as a beginner this camera is more than enough for me but I'm having a great time with it, it's just really fun to use and I've taken some pics that even amaze me. Problems: None so far

SBF74

Solid, strong casing. Weatherproof Great feature set with high MP sensor, in-body stabilisation, rapid frame rate, and HD movie capability. Excellent 920k screen Problems: Only the fact that Pentax glass is not sold by a lot of camera stores. Apart from that, the K7 is a wonderful camera.

faither

Forget bang-for-the-buck, the K-7 is the best non-FF sensor DSLR out there. When you factor in the legendary Pentax glass and built in SR, there is no comparable choice. If you haven't already purchased into another "system" you'd be silly to choose a different manufacturer. Even the old argument that FPS was too slow has been remedied in the K-7.