Pentax K-7

Announced May 20, 2009 •
15 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Ken Knott

I love this camera. I primarily use it for backpacking and hiking. It's lightweight is a wonderful boon and it's weather resistance and sturdy build and well tested. The new weather sealed kit lens is terrific. The picture quality is outstanding. The shutter speed is terrific. I had great fun photographing a live football game recently. As far as ISO, perhaps it could be better but it has not limited me in any way up to this point. I am absolutely pleased with my K7.

Fl_Gulfer

This is my 3rd Pentax DSLR (K100D,K-20D) And I think the K-7 is the best of the bunch. I love the smaller size and the quietness of the shutter. I don't see how anyone could complain about this camera.

qiujianzhang

Gevork

Much better than Canon 7D, for it's price winner. Problems: Hi ISO, long exposures

digiscan

People, lets send massages to PENTAX for chage ISO problems in this jewel camera.

estore

Dlens

Best Amateur Camera, if you have Pentax 31mm 1.8 LTD lens!

cgarrard

Pentax K7- Uncommonly good overall package, build, quiet shutter/mirror cycle, features, compactness, comfortable, versatile, weatherproof and cold resistant, and just downright lovable. Once in a while a camera manufacturer will produce one of those cameras that photographers will talk about for years after release, and this is one of those cameras. The user reviews here- and the high ratings as a result -are testament to its value and charm. The K7 has very few weaknesses and those are even ...

infoomatic

superb build quality and weather sealing, really cool digital filter and features, accurate auto-focus (which is has improved in speed and is now only marginally behind canon/nikon cameras of this level), very good image quality. I only shoot in RAW and I have worked with Canon 40D+50D and Nikon D200 + D300 + D300s: I can tell you that from the noise level these cameras are similar; but I prefer the Pentax way since there are more details and noise reduction can be adjusted by software - I ...

Rnd227

Nothing is perfect, not even cameras. But the k-7 is, I believe, the best you can buy for the money.