Pentax K20D

Announced Jan 23, 2008 •
15 megapixels | 2.7 screen | APS-C sensor
udaman

After a few years without a DSLR, I knew I wanted a 2nd tier model this time around. I did not have a huge amount of $$. My short list was the Nikon D80 or the Pentax K20d. The K20d was a perfect fit for my hands and logic of control layout and options available to customize my K20d. Solid feel, fast response w/o having to move the camera from my eye. Excellent VF, well thought out LCD display, Great JPGs out of the camera if you want less PP later. DNG!!! Big Deal...if you don't want your ...

bscholles

I purchased the K20D in May of 2008 right before a vacation to Lake Tahoe by rail. I know, it's not a good idea to buy a new piece of equipment before a major event to photograph but this one did not disappoint. The K20D is truly a great value for the money. Problems: Have not had any real problems, but can offer a few suggestions: First, I bought an 18-250mm lens which has far too little zoom friction. It could stand a little tightening up. Without locking it in place, the lens literally ...

Force Majore

The best semi-professional camera. I am very happy with. Problems: No problems yet.

Mike Hiran

very good high iso images, shake reduction helps a lot. great colors, lots of detail. adjustable lens calibration gets the most out of the glass you have. weather sealing adds a level of confidence to be out shooting whenever and where ever. very customizable controls and controls that feel natural to use. long battery life. color adjustable lcd so you can make sure the colors you see are the same colors you'll get on your monitor at home.

david kawchak

I waited a long time to purchase a DSLR clinging to my Pentax MX which I love. I over purchased by buying the K20D. I probably will never use all the features it comes with. I stayed with Pentax since I have an investment with lenses for my MX. This camera is amazing. The quality of construction is impressive. Before purchasing I compared the Pentax to other cameras. Other cameras looks and feels like a piece of plastic junk next to my K20D. Images are amazing. Pentax does it right. They ...

Alefone

Simply amazing. I got it after owning K10D and it has anything that K10 was missing.excellent high ISO performance,JPEG's,metering,shutter speed......just to mention few... For sure a camera to go for.......Thanks Pentax:) Problems: More Limited's PLEASE:)

fsagredo

I have a K10, and bought a K20D thinking it will be close camera but with more pixels and image. How wrong i was. Is a complete diferent camera, Still a Pentax, but plenty of functions. AF is truly improved, in bad light conditions works amazing. A camera for be loved. And for the price, is not a semi but a pro camera. IQ is superb, don't know abour reviews, i did mine, and can read letters from a medicine bottle in 4 meters with a 17-70. I'm real happy, i can control easily everything. Problems:

zeandroid

I have had k20D for almost a month now. Switching from P&S (Canon S2 IS) I'm just amazed with the quality and usability of this device. WOW! Will not change it for anything in the world. P.S. get out and make pictures! Problems: no problems so far

Chuck Fralick

Truly the deal of the year in a DSLR. I got mine for just over $1k and the $100 rebate. It's not a miracle camera like some of the gushing reviews would have you believe. It is however a very well made camera with excellent performance in most areas. The great aspects are a huge, easy to access feature list, very nice image quality with great color, and a well-sealed body. The autofocus is not as fast as the better competition and the frame rate is middle of the road. Neither of those is of h ...

Russ Houston

Significant upgrade over the (very nice) K10D. Better noise control at high ISO. Better/faster AF. More features, including live view. Higher resolution. Just a joy to use and the best dSLR value out there. Problems: None.