Pentax K20D

Announced Jan 23, 2008 •
15 megapixels | 2.7 screen | APS-C sensor
binky

a very under rated camera it was excellent in every way except ISO in range's of 800 and up compared the camera to the d90 Nikon and the a700 sonny before purchasing the noise was a big issue I wonder if Pentax will get a firmware upgrade to fix or help the noise problem Problems: none

binky

offertonhatter

I have had the K10D for 18 months and needed an upgrade for various reasons (I still have the K10D, now as backup). Anyway, Pentax kindly brought out the replacement to the aformentioned K10D. So lets look at it. 1. Image Quality - Nothing short of excellent! It can be compared to Pro spec cameras for other manufacturers, such as EOS 1D mk3, and D3, but only up to ISO1600 (more of which later) 2. Build - This is basically the K10D with major upgrades, meaning that the body feels well built ...

ncbeets

The White Balance is very warm, and it's something I'm having a difficult time getting past. I want to be able to pick it up and shoot when i see something, not have to adjust the color before having that opportunity. A possible solution is to shoot in raw and re-work white balance later, but that seems like a silly solution. I want to shoot what I see, and the Pentax K20D isn't giving me that. Otherwise, I enjoy this camera for the simple fact I can use all my other Pentax lenses on it.

BudH

All I can say is that now that the price has been officially reduced and you can find the body only for under $800 USD why wouldn't you want this camera. At 14.6mp it has all the resolution I think I would ever need. Controls are logically placed just where your fingers are. The fact that Pentax still uses the K-mount is a plus, since all of my old manual focus and manual aperture lenses still work perfectly. Problems: If you have small and or weak hands, this is not a small or light camera. ...

Alefone

Simply amazing. I got it after owning K10D and it has anything that K10 was missing.excellent high ISO performance,JPEG's,metering,shutter speed......just to mention few... For sure a camera to go for.......Thanks Pentax:) Problems: More Limited's PLEASE:)

fsagredo

I have a K10, and bought a K20D thinking it will be close camera but with more pixels and image. How wrong i was. Is a complete diferent camera, Still a Pentax, but plenty of functions. AF is truly improved, in bad light conditions works amazing. A camera for be loved. And for the price, is not a semi but a pro camera. IQ is superb, don't know abour reviews, i did mine, and can read letters from a medicine bottle in 4 meters with a 17-70. I'm real happy, i can control easily everything. Problems:

greypoint777

I've been using my K20D for nearly 2 months and it continues to please. Great ergonomics, easy controls, rugged build for a camera in this price range, weatherproofing, in body SR etc. etc. Excellent value for money. Lovely rich colours - no problem using JPEG mode as the results are generally very pleasing. 14mp allows for plenty of cropping which is an important factor for me. It does find the flaws in cheap lenses though - DA* lenses really bring out the best. I used a 40D for nearly a ...

Matthew888

After the loss of my K10D, I decided to move on to the K20D rather than buy another 10. The 20 is definitely a significant upgrade. Most importantly it deals with the K10D's weakness at high ISOs. I can shoot with confidence at 1600 and even get satisfactory results at 3200. The extra resolution is more useful than I expected. Some of us can never get close enough to our subjects and extra cropping freedom is very welcome. Some of the additional firmware enhancements are also very useful. Pro ...

zeandroid

I have had k20D for almost a month now. Switching from P&S (Canon S2 IS) I'm just amazed with the quality and usability of this device. WOW! Will not change it for anything in the world. P.S. get out and make pictures! Problems: no problems so far