Pentax K10D

Announced Sep 13, 2006 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Johnny Blough

I bought the K10D several months ago. I was torn between the K10D and Nikon's D80, but I went with the former because it had more features for a much better price. I do a lot of HDR photography and I've never seen a RAW output with as much dynamic range as this camera has. If I lack a tripod or patience, I can produce some really amazing HDR photos from one .DNG file. The colors in this camera are amazing and don't require much post-processing. Some other minuscule, yet important advantages ...

Giuseppe Chiusolo

Everything its good on this camera, Price, Ergonomics(shape, size, button and dial layout), Viewfinder size and clarity, Frame buffer, Weather seals, Backwards compatibilty with lenses, AF speed and accuracy, RAW button, AF button, Little green button, Bright and Natural modes, Shadow gradiation, and in body Stabilization(I get from 2 to 5 stops better than what I can get without it). Excellent image quality when paired with good glass Problems: No problems so far

Tudor07

great (best you can get with a DSLR in this category) results when taken RAWs. IS is great. handling is just perfect. Problems: focus in low light is pretty difficult, manual focus is recommended here.

Stringmike

After six months of use, I find the K10D to be an excellent camera with lots of useful features. The viewfinder is large and bright enough to use for manual focus, which I use a lot for macros. The controls come to hand nicely, especially with the BG2 grip. Pentaxes hyperprogram is worth the price alone. Image quality is on a par with cameras of a higher price point. One reason I bought it was to use in dusty and damp environments, where it has excelled. Problems: As noted by others, ...

nimblea

- very fast. - ideal for outdoor sport and travel shooting due to dust and water proof. - very friendly. just take it and shoot. no vague menus and menus and buttons like in canon, sony and nikon. - unlimited series at 3.0 fps really works (though 3.0 fps is true for series up to nearly 30-40 high quality images, then it bacame about 1,5 fps for a while and then returns to 3.0) - i can use a collection of old thread mount lenses without any limitations - really good kit lenses - quite good ...

kalpaha

The camera fits very well in my hands and the build quality is superb. I have no doubts at all about the durability of the high-impact plastic body, and the weather sealing is great. The camera has the best features in it's price class. I'm rating image quality a 4, which is what any other camera with the 10Mp Sony CCD would get from me. I did not miss the scene modes at all, operating the camera felt very natural from the start and things like browing and zooming in on taken pictures are totally

pettitsm

Excellent, solid, featured filled reasonably priced...... And I can use ANY lens I own.!!!!

Randy Petersen

I cannot hold back on this camera. It is just 5's across the board. After leaving the canon side, I am very happy I choose pentax. I lost money selling my canon gear, but its still worth it. This camera just does everything I want it to. I have been reading about the K20D and it looks like it has everything built in to it, but I just want to say. If your debating between the K10D or the K20D, the K10D is a great camera and I will be very satisfied with it for years to come. 10mp is ...

Stacke

Grand camera. Far exceeds my capabilities, yet....! Problems: I discover new features all the time, my problem is to be able to utilize them in the best way

cxtxlxn

This camera is tottaly over-rated.I owned it for 1 year and i would now buy it again now.I have a Canon 40d now and it's a blessing.