Pentax K10D

Announced Sep 13, 2006 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
ecube

While fairly a novice in consumer digital photography, I was a photographer 30 years ago. I have repaired professional type cameras (large format, medium format, 35 mm. SLR, TLR). To cut to the chase, I evaluate highly specialized optical and FLIR sensors and display for a living. I have used Nikon D80, Olympus EV400, Panasonic Lumix Z50, and a Canon Rebel (not sure of the model) - - to teach friends how to used the finer features of their camera. CAVEAT: My evaluation is based on the press ...

The Wogster

I have handled one, a pre-production model at a show, nice camera, fits in the hands well, with the 10MP sensor, at this price level, it's definately on the short list, when I do buy one. Problems: Need to see a shipping model before I can fairly state.

FotoHABER

I've wrote down my wishlist for a DSLR in 2004. Pentax came out with it in 2006. Congratulations PENTAX. The only dilemma is: lenses!! Any suggestion?

Solution

Excellent built quality, Excellent functions and specification, Easy auto and manual focusing, Excellent value for money Problems: Rather disappointed that unlike other Pentax DSLRs, AA batteries are no longer used! I think it is not too difficult to make it compatible for both dedicated and AA batteries. Unlike other bands, even the vertical grip does not accept AA-batteries. What a pity!!

Tomcsi

The flash release button could be used for flash mode selection and flash compensation holding down and rotating the front and rear dials like Nikon cameras. And so is for White Balance selection: the Trash button holding down and selecting WB by rotating the rear dial. WB selection is much better even on *ist D and it was not perfect either. Apart from these two things I take off my hat for Pentax (and Samsung???!!!) engineers. A perfect camera, too perfect for me. My *ist D is still too ...

filmrescue

don't feel too bad last reviewer.....Canons at this price feel like plastic toys in your hand......you'll quickly forget your old lover.

friedo henning

best price, perfekt system, good by canon, sniff

Heekwang Wang

Remmelt van Veelen

Very good features. And a friendly price! The only disadvantage is you cann't use AA batteries