Pentax K100D

Announced May 22, 2006 •
6 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor

must be fitted to highest settings:best results good anti-shake usuable for M42 lenses, too

Illingworth Photography

Fantastic camera despite a few years under its belt, Ive only had this camera for past few months to use for pro - semi pro photography and it really does a superb job! I've used Nikon DSLR's with 14mp and telephoto lens and the details unbeleivably better on the old Pentax, I couldn't beleive this! but it's true, PENTAX ARE UNDER-RATED! MAYBE because they don't advertise on tv 50- times a day! I use a tamron 70mm-300m lens on this camera and it seems very well suited. Problems: a little slow ...

Istvan Peter Bokor

For 15 years I used to be a Pentax-lover, using many different lenses. Therefore the K100d was a natural switch when the digital era arrived. It took me 2 years, to move away from Pentax (I still love them), since the quality of other makers have simply been better, from most points of view.I am really sorry that Pentax could not keep up the pace. Problems: Battery life was very short, grains were excessive, though overall performance was acceptable.

Peter Perunouski

Compared to other similar cameras what I like most in Pentax - Natural & reach colors - much better than Canon produce. Build quality is very good . And one more thing with Pentax - their lenses. My opinion - they are much better (kit 18-55) that any other. Thanks!

Joaquinnekuh

Good cam. Served me well for almost three years. Small and light 50-200 is very good. Can take AA batteries. 6MP far enough for A3+ prints, good colours and resolution in RAW. Problems: Exposure a bit to dark, needs post processing. Kit lens 18-55 not top, 16-45mm better. AF not good in low light. Viewfinder for its class ok, but sometimes difficult to use with glasses (camera is small and always had fingerprints on the glasses when using rear dial).

Atindra

I am writing this review after almost having this camera for 2 years. Very capable camera and great image quality. Menu system is simply and well layed out. Very good battery life with CRV3, this camera has several options in choosing batteries. Kit lens has great quality for the money it being sold. Ergonomics are super, easy to handhold in a single hand while shooting. AF is sometimes slow with less contrasty scenes or low-light. On-board flash is very good. Image stabilization is ...

dholl

hmmm...it didn't convince me. Away from the big 3 of Oly & Canikon I would recommend the Konica Minolta 5D over this Pentax. The Pentax's images are fairly average, with uninspiring low-light performance. A cartoony smear spoils non-daylight images (the NR algorithms are at fault here). The camera also feels cheap...perhaps the cheapest-feel construction from over a dozen DSLR's I've used.

leonardaus

Vale molto di più che il suo prezzo di vendita. Problems: niente

cipletta

I own it since three years and enjoy it a lot. Six months ago i found a used canon 10 d body for using some good reputated lens from canon kit. Pentax is absolutely better in sharpness I made with it a wedding of a friend of mine with high quality shots how never before.If you use it indoor with flash, high iso and slow shutter speed can obtain wonderful shots with natural light effect of slow moving subject. Problems: None

Model Mike

I got this camera mainly because it had SR and because it was going cheap here in the UK. Overall I'm very satisfied. I shoot in RAQ and image quality is very good indeed. Compatibility with my old K mount lenses is great. Compared with the DS which I still have, the smaller buffer and slower operation are a little disappointing - it's also heavier and the grip isn't as nice for my hands anyway. But I use the K100D all the time now. Problems: Stiff AF/MF button Some dust trapped under the ...