Pentax *ist DL

Announced Jun 1, 2005 •
6 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Larry

After struggling to take action photo's with my point and shoot I finally gave it up. This pentax DL is great in the hand, not to small or two big. Fast as I remember film SLRs. The features are also teriffic. Looking forward to using it in upcoming trip to Switzerland. Problems: None.

Marchy

Well i picked it up today and i am very very impressed its my first DSLR and i have found it very easy to use great value for money and some good photos already. Problems: None!

godroxx

Very happy with camera.Very easy to use.More features than expected.

R Ritter

I bought my DL just after Pentax dropped their price on this wonderful camera. I paid $490 US and now it is an even better deal. The build is superior compared to the Canon Rebel, Nikon D50, and the Olympus 500. The view finder is the best in this price range too. Great image quality, great camera. In addition to a great kit lens in the 18-55 I also have two Sigma lens, an 18-125 & a 28-300. The 18-125 is my do everything well lens. Problems: Not enough time to use it. Indoor exposure can ...

Alefone

A work of art that produces real ART.If you think you are ready don't look no further.This camera is worth every dollar you pay for it and I really can't imagine more from it.Got a great deal on it and can't wait to enjoy taking pictures:) Problems: NON WHAT SO EVER:)

b2

photograph it takes sometimes become a bit yellow, i don't know why.

b2

photograph it takes sometimes become a bit yellow, i don't know why.

NormanH

After several months of reading reviews and testing cameras in shops, I finally decided to buy a *ist DL with kit lens. One week and a thousand photos later, I feel motivated for a first review... From the features and image quality point of view, I would have preferred the Canon offerings (350D,30D), while Olympus seemed to have the best digital lens setup. However, my collection of (now 28 years old) Pentax SMC-M lenses and their compatibility with the DL made it hard for me to change ...

cableguy429

My first DSLR. Wish to buy Canon 350D but purchased *ist DL due to tight budget. This camera does not disappoint me at all. Easy to use and well constructed. 3 point AF is enough for daily picture taking. Autofocus not really fast but is ok. Definitely one of the best if you wish to switch to DSLR. Problems: Dust seems to get into the viewfinder quite easily.