Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited

Announced Sep 13, 2006 •
Telephoto prime lens | Pentax KAF
Smasher

Did somebody say, "sharp?" If sharp were stinky, this lens would be an hour after a diaper truck smashed through the locker room of the fishermen's union hall during a summer garbage strike. If this thing were a chef's knife, make sure to count your fingers. Yes, this thing is sharp, especially after f3.2 or so. Below that (above that?) its rendering is nice and forgiving for portraits. Sharp, but tactful. (In contrast, I've been barred from taking people shots with my Kodak Retina IIIc. That ...

The Sharpest lens in my arsenal of optics. Might be the sharpest of all APS-C dedicated lenses on the market. Build quality and compactness second to none. Seize The Day!

kentwosheds

I purchased this lovely 70mm lens for a short trip to Poland, where weight was an issue. The balance on my K5 is perfect. The results are excellant.I love the slip on hood and general build quality.I feel the limited range is the way to go with my kit .For travel the 70mm and my old 20mm.f2.8 were a good combination.

kevinschoenmakers

In Short: + Optically virtually without flaws + Great build quality + Both hood and cap very convenient - In real world use not as small as pictures make you think it is (please read below) I can be very short about this lens: It's virtually flawless. I have yet to notice any kind of abberations, the lens is sharp straight from f2.4 and the bokeh is pleasing. Depth of field, to me, is plenty shallow at f2.4. The build quality is, as with all Pentax Limited lenses, excellent. The cap and hood ...