Pentax Optio WPi

Announced Aug 31, 2005 •
Mishka

This is a very handy compact camera. The camera excels when taking close up shots both in or out of the water. The landscape pics however are not worth worrying about as they are blurry and lack any detail. If you want a camera for snapping people or shallow water shooting (diving/surfing) i would recommend it. If you take this unit deeper than the suggested 6 feet (say 7to8 feet) the unit does not leak but the shutter button cannot be pressed. Problems: nil

laurentsj

Optio is great as a snapshot camera that can resist water and dust. That is it. The images are of a snapshot camera. If you want good quality pictures, go for another camera, and invest in a waterproof case.

bpepper

I bought this camera on Dec. 12th, flew to Australia the next day. I bought this camera to be used when it wasn't practical to carry my D-SLR. Picture quality seems great, the LCD screen is large and bright. Problems: Camera worked great for a couple of weeks, took it into the water numerous times. Eventually though I believe it got water into it and has since stopped working. We'll see what Pentax does about it. I never took it below the maximum depth, probably never close. Jan. 19/05 I ...