Pentax Optio W30

Announced Feb 22, 2007 •
TDavidson

The camera was purchased 8 months ago for use in corrosive and dusty industrial environments. A protective silicon skin, not water proof, was also purchased to protect the camera. It was selected over the Olympus because 1- It had a better macro 2- It uses a SD card and I have a reader built into my laptop. 3- It has no moving parts. (The Olympus has a shutter) It has been subjected to sulphuric acid, dusty environments and frequent washing. Last week-end it was submerged for 30 seconds in ...

petechar

I bought this camera for its underwater capability. Pictures in low light are very noisy. It is small and easy to use. Problems: After 3 days on a river rafting trip, the lens and LCD became fogged by condensation inside the camera. The store I bought the camera from returned it for warranty repair. I got the fixed camera back in about a month at no cost to me.

boykinsbuddy

Very easy to use menus as soon as you figure out the green button, compact, gives better images than the Olympus. Video is good, underwater images are quite good, BUT... Problems: The first time I used the camera underwater was in a stream and got quite good images. The second time was in a similar river....shallow with very slow moving water. When surfacing I noticed the battery compartment had flooded even with the lock in place, SO I took out the battery and let it dry on the dash for a ...

simonelacombe

there is a company online plus they have thier book in stores plus online called Smartcomputing they are big on computers but also digital if you are a member and you put your problem to them they will contact the company that wronged you and fight for you to get your money back..and I see you have 11 other prople that this has happened to them.It is worth a try.. I hate to see anyone riped of by big companys....good luck

AlexMorrison

Problems: Poor light performance is very poor - in anything other than ideal light focus lock on is rare.