Pentax Optio 50

Announced Feb 13, 2005 •
rudy1

My 1st digital camera bought in Oct. 2005. I bought it without thinking because PENTAX name was a garantee of a good product, I thought. Big mistake. The first set of batteries were good for 60 pictures, second set with new NIMH 2600mAh made only 10 pictures. In warranty service twice in 3 months. The same batteries are now good for about 80 pictures. Problems: Very good pictures under the best conditions, not too many shadows. Quality deteriorates quickly if too much sun or deep shadows. EV ...

Razzle

This is a good, cheap camera for taking good digital pictures at an affordable price. Problems: Two problems. One, there is no USB port so I'm not sure how to upload my pictures and two, once in a while my camera will just freeze, for no apparent reason.

Heidi Lotter

The camera took great pictures while it was still working. Problems: my camera broke 5 month after the warranty was over. I send the camera back to the company and they wanted to charge me $92. the shutter didn't open anymore. I refused to pay it, after all....only 5 months over the warranty! My olympus once broke right after the warranty and they fixed it, no charge. I will NEVER purchase a pentax again.

dero

Pros: good WB, small and light enough, resonable picture quality for it's class, AA bateries, value for money Cons: no manual control, ISO limited to 200 (well, it's already to noisy...), miss the focus on low light, slow lens (can be used only wide open indoors) Problems: Low light focusing problems; tip: set focus to infinity!

Foondoon

Surprisingly flimsy construction for a Pentax camera. Certainly not of the same quality as other Pentax digicams I've owned in the past. Camera is identical to a Vivitar model, except the Pentax has a Pentax lens. Check Wal*Mart who sells both cameras. I suspect that this Pentax is a Vivitar with a Pentax lens installed. Problems: Very noisy zoom lens (possibly just the unit I bought and returned). Cheap plastic case.