Pentax Optio 430

Announced Sep 26, 2001 •

The sharpness and detailing of the pictures is far below expectations in comparsion with competition, even if it´s a 2 Megapixel model like canon IXUS. I Don´t know, why this isn´t said much more often. No build in panorama assistant or voice recording or focus lamp isn´t state of the art as well. Problems: No

Auflösung, Bildqualität und Größe der Kamera waren ausschlaggebend zum Kauf. Negativ aufgefallen ist mir: Kamera zeigt Schwächen beim Blitzen im Nahbereich. Bilder sind stark überbelichtet. Einlesezeit der Bilder ist noch zu lange. Immer einen Ersatzakku mitnehmen. Akkukapazität läßt zu Wünschen übrig! Akku- und CF-Abdeckung (Schließer) sind leider sehr mechanisch anfällig. Auflösung der AVI-Clips ist indiskutabel. Kein Ton für AVI und Bildaufzeichnung. Problems: siehe oben!

excellent pics but no possibility to speak a little text after taken a picture

Blackers

The 430 heralds my move from the world of 35mm, and I am disapointed. Early shots taken in a sun-lit marina (masts, stays, high levels of light and dark). Camera couldn't cope at all, and the "overprocessed" look mentionned in the 330 review on this site is obvious. However, looking at samples on this site it seems to be a common DC problem. Shame. Indoor and flatter outdoor pics are excellent. Problems: Reflective surfaces under bright lights confuse this camera. Am I doing something ...

AFTER 2 DAYS I USED OPTIO I HAVE CHANGED IT WITH A OLYMPUS C40 ZOOM BECAUSE THE AUTOFOCUS INDOOR GAVE ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS END I DIDN'T LIKE THE IMAGES QUALITY.....NOW I'M SATISFIED OF MY CHOOSE. (sorry for my bad english)

This is a very light, very sleek camera that gives excellent images as long as the lighting level is reasonably high. But it has too many problems at low lighting levels. Unless you plan to use it exclusively outdoors, I can't recommend it. Problems: Picture quality is poor at low lighting levels: can't focus properly or freeze motion even with the flash. Battery life is way too short.

we had a Olympus Z-3000 before and bought the Optio430 for size reason, but although the Olympus has "only" 3m pixels the pictures are much sharper, the colors are "warmer" in one word, we will bring back the camera and stay with the Olympus Problems: probs with Autofocus, Whitebalance in automode doesn't work well, colors are to "cold", pictures are too dark,

I'm a new owner of the Optio 430 and am delighted with what I've seen so far. The size, sturdiness, features, the quality of the zoom, the flash. In fact I'm very happy with my purchase. Unfortunately I can't use it and have informed the vendor and manufacturers why. Problems: I use Microsoft XP. It and the Optio's software are incompatible !!

comparing to Canon S40: does anybody know of a detailled rview of the Optio 430 ??