Pentax Optio 430

Announced Sep 26, 2001 •

I have experience using many DC. It is very good to bring it with you to office. Which one can? Espcially with 4M pixls. In terms of size, image quality, weight and cheap CF cards. One more the metal case. The Sony!? Ha Ha The Nikkon!? Ha Ha The Olympus!? Ha Ha

AFTER 2 DAYS I USED OPTIO I HAVE CHANGED IT WITH A OLYMPUS C40 ZOOM BECAUSE THE AUTOFOCUS INDOOR GAVE ME A LOT OF PROBLEMS END I DIDN'T LIKE THE IMAGES QUALITY.....NOW I'M SATISFIED OF MY CHOOSE. (sorry for my bad english)

Very happy, no complaints at all Problems: short battery life, as is the same with all digicams

This is a very light, very sleek camera that gives excellent images as long as the lighting level is reasonably high. But it has too many problems at low lighting levels. Unless you plan to use it exclusively outdoors, I can't recommend it. Problems: Picture quality is poor at low lighting levels: can't focus properly or freeze motion even with the flash. Battery life is way too short.

Noisier than most in low light level situations. Otherwise, no problems. Easy to use and carry--always with me.

I've been through a lot of digicams, and this is the best at its price range. You simply cannot get more value for your money. The reviews in this website covered the older release of the camera. The new product is so much better, more storage capacity, etc.

we had a Olympus Z-3000 before and bought the Optio430 for size reason, but although the Olympus has "only" 3m pixels the pictures are much sharper, the colors are "warmer" in one word, we will bring back the camera and stay with the Olympus Problems: probs with Autofocus, Whitebalance in automode doesn't work well, colors are to "cold", pictures are too dark,

I'm a new owner of the Optio 430 and am delighted with what I've seen so far. The size, sturdiness, features, the quality of the zoom, the flash. In fact I'm very happy with my purchase. Unfortunately I can't use it and have informed the vendor and manufacturers why. Problems: I use Microsoft XP. It and the Optio's software are incompatible !!

Fantastic image results, great depth. Easy to use. Stainless steel body gives the camera a real feel of quality. I would like to hear of anyone who can compare it to the Fuji finepix 6800.