Pentax Optio 430

Announced Sep 26, 2001 •

Auflösung, Bildqualität und Größe der Kamera waren ausschlaggebend zum Kauf. Negativ aufgefallen ist mir: Kamera zeigt Schwächen beim Blitzen im Nahbereich. Bilder sind stark überbelichtet. Einlesezeit der Bilder ist noch zu lange. Immer einen Ersatzakku mitnehmen. Akkukapazität läßt zu Wünschen übrig! Akku- und CF-Abdeckung (Schließer) sind leider sehr mechanisch anfällig. Auflösung der AVI-Clips ist indiskutabel. Kein Ton für AVI und Bildaufzeichnung. Problems: siehe oben!

excellent pics but no possibility to speak a little text after taken a picture

Blackers

The 430 heralds my move from the world of 35mm, and I am disapointed. Early shots taken in a sun-lit marina (masts, stays, high levels of light and dark). Camera couldn't cope at all, and the "overprocessed" look mentionned in the 330 review on this site is obvious. However, looking at samples on this site it seems to be a common DC problem. Shame. Indoor and flatter outdoor pics are excellent. Problems: Reflective surfaces under bright lights confuse this camera. Am I doing something ...

It is so good that I have never seen. Problems: NO

I just bought it about 3 weeks, and found it is a good DC with no great problem. The photo qualityi is great (speacially in macro mode). Problems: LCD have 1 dead pt and two point of dust The colour is a little poor than my previously sony P1

64MB card (pruchased as option) provides excellent storage capacity (approx 60 pics as high quality) - with lithium ion battery allowing full capacity of memory card to be utilised. First digital camera owned, yet very easy to use.

incredible. my 5th digital camera and this one is a HUGE leap past my Nikon 800 and not even in the same ballgame with my dinosaur Kodak 260. great features and quality. expensive but the 330 is almost as groovy and you can get $100 rebate on Pentax site bringing it down to around $350. NOW THAT is an amazing deal. Problems: none

Superb quality reproduction even at A4 print size. The best I've seen. Problems: None

I have had my Optio 430 for six weeks now. I took it with me on a trip to New Orleans. Outdoor photos on a sunny, clear day were superb. Indoor, dark Aquariun of the America's shots were very problematic. It couldn't focus on swiftly moving fish in dim light. Problems: No mechanical problems. Had to get driver patch from pentax for camera to work with Windows XP. ACDSee software won't recognize the camera.