Pentax EI-2000

Announced Feb 3, 2000 •
2 megapixels | 2 screen | 34 – 108 mm (3.2×)
Prinz

Sehr gute Kamera bis auf den automatischen Weißabgleich. Der funktioniert nämlich absolut nicht zuverlässig und vorhersehbar, sprich viele Aufnahmen haben einen Farbstich. Bei ner Kamera die mal 1000 Euro gekostet hat, darf das nicht sein.

xindie

External flash hoax. Problems: Got this camera 5 months ago for a decent price. Used it for a couple of weeks and then tried to make some shots with an external SUNPAK flash. Make some shots, and then my camera stopped responding. Now it useless - with a defected matrix. So, "external flash feature" is a hoax - do not use it.

Andrew

I used to be a pro 20 years ago. Good camera at half price, but not worth the orrigional RRP of £700. Focusing is no problem if you use P setting and spot focusing. Good quality images with low noice need ISO rating of 50 or 25, but ISO of 100 works fine 95% of the time. The green setting is brilliant for my wife who knows next to nothing about cameras, while offering me the versitility of setting evertyhing on manual. Nice touch putting the hot shoe in. Shame about the so called ...

For best focusing,try (P) setting,spot AF focus with centre weighted metering,HP photo software will then sharpen up your images,my results have greatly improved using these settings. Problems: As a former 35mm die hard this camera is excellent as long as you keep away from auto setting,e-mail me for any further help. ( bspence26@aol.com)

This camera is really the best! If you are thinking to buy a digital camera you really should buy this one. its slr so you can make exact macro photos. Problems: none

Problems: gradevole da usare e relativamente facile

Haven't seen this focus problem at all with my (identical) HP 912. Those who are looking for parts and/or batteries packs accessories, should go straight to HP and they will get them overnight, no problem. The 912 is a "badge engineered" Pentax, I can see. But it's a GREAT camera! Center the subject, LOCK the focus, then frame the picture any way you want it (including main subject off-center). Got it! Isn't this "problem" always there with auto-focus, and for that matter, metering? Pro ...

Excellent features, costs now (Feb 2002) at give away prices. Feels like a traditional SLR and one of the few with TTL optical view finder. Images a bit soft, but easily cured in paint Sop Pro. Many nice features, good battery life from lithium. Problems: Not really any problems, but wish I could find a source for spare lithium battery.

bought the camera two weeks ago(in the netherlands) I was used to the pentax Z20, wich is much more professional. With the EI 2000 everything goes slower. after getting used to that, the camera is lovely to handle picture quality is very good Problems: no problems

David

Very nice camera to use. Used Canon SLR's before so I chose the EI2000 'cause of the layout. My biggest critisism and the only one is the image quality. The sharpness is very very poor compared to my 1.3 mpixel Fuji I had before. Something badly wrong Pentax. What is it? Comments would be appreciated as I am about to return the camera to the shop for an exchange or refund if I can't sort it out. Problems: Image quality. As this is the reason you buy a camera to take good images then this one ...