Pentax EI-100

Announced May 30, 2001 •

At first I was impressed with the number of features for the price. However.... Problems: I have had nothing but troubles with the camera freezing up, and crashing either of my systems when I attempt to download the pictures from it. Tech support has been of no help either, but I do give them full points for original responce "Dunno".

At first when I just bought this camera, I read about these users' comments. I thought I just spent my pocket money for nothing........... Now, I have changed my opinion. For digital camera, if you want to buy, you can go for very high ended, good quality cameras that cost a bomb. This pentax ei-100 surely is one of the best among the low ended, entry level digital camera. Just thought this camera is: a) an ordinary digital camera (like a ordinary camera) ; with b) macro function only. Later, ...

For $170, this camera is awesome. I would recommend this camera to anyone who doesn't want to pay a grand and his left nut for a camera which won't be worth as much a few months later. The price is great, fuctionality is great, overall it's a great, low priced camera. I bought it on ebay for 48 bucks. Problems: Image Quality could be better in dark places. Some kind of zoom would be nice, it simply has none. Feels like a cheap disposable kodak camera with an LCD on the back.

Väga hea kaamera selle hinnaga 4500 krooni! Problems: Vajalik komlekteerida juhe televiisoriga. OK!

Functionality wise it isn't too bad, very easy to use and lots of features. Problems: Looks and feels very cheap. Picture quality is absolutely awful at any resolution. I was disgusted with the quality of the image.

This is an excellent choice for anybody looking for a cheap, but great little camera that takes very good photos. I found this one for around $200 USD The camera has many great features. It's a very straightforward and easy to use camera. The instruction booklet makes it very clear on how to properly set various adjustments and whatnot on the camera. The camera also came with some very excellent goodies. The best one being a great little padded carrying pouch that you can carry the camera ...

Allan

I have been looking for a low cost digital camera now for a while, just for Internet use. Most cameras with a flash, brand name, self focus, seem to be around £400 mark. I saw this camera for £150 (though normally sells for £200. I am more than impressed with it. I have a 35mm camera and a slide scanner. OK, shots are not as good, but I do not have to scan in the shots or pay for film. As for the camera: Good Side: I have taken some shots with it on both the 1280 and 640 setting - shots seem ...

Tyler E

Great camera for the price. Good pictures, easy to use, small and lightweight. Good camera for the family or the beginner digital photographer. Problems: Almost impossible to take good shots unless it's daylight. This camera is not good at night shots at all. All the pictures on the camera have somehow automatically deleted themselves on me twice, even though I didn't delete them. There may be a glitch in the product which causes this.