Pentax EI-100

Announced May 30, 2001 •

I bought this camera as my first digital. I take a lot of 35mm pictures and love my Pentax. I also wanted an easy point and shoot camera for my wife to use. It has suited both functions well. The digital zoom works fine when using the LCD display but it eats batteries faster this way. I haven't been able to get the zoom to do much without the display. You also have to watch your lighting. I've taken some beautiful pictures with this but I've also taken some that have a funny glow. Over ...

It Sux Problems: Customer support sux. The damn camera is impossible to load pics onto your comp. It keeps shutting off. Picture quality is crappy. Gotta keep reinstalling drivers so my comp will recognize the damn camera. I'm selling this on ebay and screwing some poor bastard LOL!!!

It was OK when we first got the camera in Nov. 2001. It ook pretty good pictures for an entry level camera. It's battery life is not very good, maybe 50 pictures to a set. Problems: We have had the camera in once for warranty repair. The camera would shut itself off, then one day it would not turn on at all, even with new batteries. It started shuting itself off again yesterday. Contacted Pentax, maybe they will give us a new One, LOL!!!

I find that this camera is wonderful for ametuer photography, and takes wonderful pictures Problems: EATS BATTERIES

Bought it 2 weeks ago. As I am a newbie at digital photography I didn't want to spend much money on a camera, and so I took the cheapest they had. Good choice, in my opinion. As mentioned in other reviews, shots at low light levels are really noisy. Unfortunately, it lacks a lens cover. Very good value for money. Problems: I already had to go back to the store and return the camera and pick a new one, because after a few days the flash stopped working properly. Instead of the 2 or 3 times it ...

Mucho cuidado con el compartimento de pilas, se rompe muy facilmente, son unas pestañas de plastico pequeñisimas. Yo tengo la camara desde Agosto del 2001 y uso pilas recargables...pues ya se me ha roto las pestañas. Problems: Pestañas de cierre del compartimento de las pilas muy debil.

YOU NEED TO BUY A USB PORT FOR YOUR COMPUTER SO YOU CAN ATTACH THE CAMERA TO THE COMPUTER. Problems: VERY BLURRY PICTURES. HOW DO I TAKE A CLEAR CLOSE UP PICTURE?

Clive Thomas

Problems: Iam having problems with the camera i'm running win98+, all relevant software has been loaded that came with the camera, the pc has usb ports, when the usb cable is attached to the camera a removable disk icon should appear on the desktop. I know the camera is running perfectly on another pc. Is it that the usb ports on my pc need to be activated? Please can anyone help.

Please help me at Pentax@Supervends.com. I have this camera but the cable supplied does not fit anything on the back of my computer. Please let me know how to hook this thing up to my pc. I am using windows 98 please let me know what else I have to buy. I only paid 95 dollars for the camera thats with the 50 dollar rebate. Problems: Dont know how to hook up cable. It does not fit anything. Please help me Pentax@SuperVends.com .... Help ME !!!

I bought this camera in August 2001 whilst on holiday in Scotland. I wanted a cheap digital camera for taking family snapshots etc. and to introduce myself to the world of digital photography. I wanted a 'proper camera' with the usual camera type features (i.e. not a glorified webcam type camera). I wanted at least a 1Mp CCD but I didn't expect any more as I set myself a budget of £200 (GBP). These are my thoughts so far... Plus! > Cheap but 'proper' digital camera with appropriate features ...