Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28

Announced Jul 21, 2008 •

I have owned this camera since Jan. 2010 and am extremely satisfied with the FZ28 and will continue to enjoy its sturdy construction and flexibility. Living on an island, the camera is exposed to salt air, sand, and moisture constantly and as long as it is wiped clean, it should last you for a very long time. I do recommend adding a polorizing filter, wow what a difference in your in pictures. I will continue to enjoy this camera until I can jump to a higher end DSLR, and I have a feeling it ...

Afiq

This is my first bridging camera although at first i nearly regret the decision to buy it because i had another choice which is the D60.Quite a good super-zoom camera which i found quite useful when photographing aircraft at the airport. Also the potrait mode no too bad.Overall it is useful and good. Problems: Only suffer power lag where all controls sometimes freezes. However to solve it I switch it off and made a light knock on the body then everything back to normal.

This camera is excellent. Great to handle and super photos. Also easy to use with one hand if I choose. Problems: The only problem I have is not liking the power zoom, but that's not the camera's fault; it's my own dislike.

Loved this one, my first digital camera, instant win, lots of features for advanced photographers, easy of use for novice, complete succes. Problems: when you start shooting, and after trying a dslr, the mini joystick for focusing is a bit akward, but just that.

This is an excellent camera. I believe it is the best in this price range. Problems: None.

Mapel

This is my first digital camera and I'm really satisfied with it!!! For a little price you get a lot of a camera, great image quality under almost all the circumstances, great zoom, great lenses, fast and realiable autofocus, and even the HD video mode, in a compact and very lightweight body. Surely I recommend it to anyone who wants a great all round camera!!! Problems: none

I have FZ28 now for 6 month (Before: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H7, Nikon D50 + 3 lenses & filters, Samsung GX20 + 3 lenses + filters). FZ28 is a perfect camera (Samsung GX20 waits for a new owner) for not-pro-photographer. I do not need nothing moore. If only I say something about optics. Leica lens on this camera are something that you'll pay a few thousand €-songs by DSLR & you'll have to carry around about 4kg. By Panasonic you can get "dabest" Leica-lens for 230 € with photocamera inclusive & ...

I've had mine now for 2 months: got it so that I could take good documentation photos for work, but still be able to record some decent video. It's taken a little while to get used to how to make the manual settings, but, once you work it through, it all makes sense and is easy to remember. Very happy with the camera so far. Problems: I'd prefer rechargeable AAs to the proprietary battery as it's easier to have a backup set, and the slight extra weight wouldn't hurt. The manual suggests ...

Superb lens for sharpness and geometry. Wonderful zoom range made usable by virtue of image stabilisation. Camera is reasonably light weight but I wish the outer lens barrel were less bulky. It projects more than it needs to when the lens is retracted. Despite my list of gripes below I think it's a nice camera and I have no regrets in buying it. I would just like to influence the direction of future versions. Problems: As an over 50 I needless to say have fixed focus eyes set to infinity so ...

After great expectations disappointing image quality. Small CCD causes deep noise. wide range objective is good at wide angle photography but No clear pictures at TelePhoto. Pictures like digital zoom shootings. Better results at 5MPixels mode.