Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35

Announced Jan 29, 2008 •

I have several of these - why? they deliver outstanding results the wide angle 25mm lens being part of this fine package. Battery life is fine, the flash doing all that you would expect. A print of an image taken at the 25mm setting and printed using the full image file provided a fantastic A0 size print matching and to some eyes exceeding the performance of my Nikon D700 SLR. and it fits the pocket! just great all round. Problems: I am not sure of the replacement model from Panasonic Lumix ...

produces some fine images - and this is my pocket camera to my Nikon D3 kit so I have a strong comparison - highly recommended. I just purchased a second in case mine fails.... Problems: None

ozzk

My Lumix was not FX35 but FX37 somehow I cannot get that product on the page.. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX37 is a great little camera with Leica lens and exact specifications with Leica C- LUX3.. I was buying the Leica C -LUX3 and been informed about the similarity thus saved some money.. Later I had the chance to use them both, Leica has a slightly user friendly menu then the Lumix but the optic look of the cameras, the sensor, and the lens are the same..I beleive they're both been produced at ...

I use this camera whenever my DSLR is to big to carry around. It is good, but not as great as it could have been. The image quility a little disappointing due to noise . Noise is allways present, even in good light. With some other brands, you can solve this by lowering the megapixels to 50% or so. The in-camera processing well then help you to get rid of all that noise. Unfortunately, Panasonic has choosen a different approach. You get extra zoom (EZ) instead of less noise. You can't swith ...

I bought this camera three months ago at a bargain price. It is the camera I use when my Canon 40D is too much of a weight to carry with me. For general and family purpose (and under normal light conditions) the DMC-FX35 produces excellent images even on A4 size prints hard to distinguish from those produced by the Canon... The 25mm is a very nice feature to have. Great small camera! Problems: None

I think this camera is great. I always keep one on me at all times when I don't want to lug around heavy equipment.

25mm wide angle + optical image stabilization & great ISO range was enough to make me leave Canon IXUS after 10 years. I wasn't dissapointed, I used it on my honeymoon and got FANTASTIC photos. Optics are great and 10Mpix is enough to print to 11x26 (blurb.com book). The battery lasted all day and has a massive amount of control in manual mode to control difficult lighting conditions. All this and it went into my jeans pocket. AMAZING STUFF. Go get one (and a Gisteq PhotoTrackr to geolocate too).

Well built as all Panasonic I used and enjoyed up to now. The 25mm zoom is great despite softness in some corner. Main and unacceptable issue, the Image Quality. There are artifacts even at ISO 100. Having said that, the noise is a bit better controlled than on the previous models. Problems: Image Quality is so poor ! I would send it back if it was possible. Too many artifact even in a pure blue sky... Just let imagine an evening photo then.

jan

Lens very good, sharp and with a good contrast transfer - excellent focus range for a pocket camera used on the way (without tripod). However, the F stop number is fast decreasing towards the tele end (only 5.6). The resulting image quality is given both by the excellent lens and by the sensor that – obviously due to its small size – is relatively noisy, which can be seen namely above 400 ISO. The image quality at higher ISO is unfortunately still negatively influenced by the noise reduction ...

Fantastic camera. Wonderful lens and feature set. Perfect for wide angle to telephoto for family and travel use. All reviews I've read are accurate and I'm glad I purchased this camera. As others have stated, used within its limitations it's a gem. I printed to 8"x12" with exceptional results. I find the e z optical telephoto setting very useful and as indicated in the instructions, there is no image deterioration on a small print. Don't hesitate to buy this camera! Problems: None