Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8

Announced Feb 8, 2012 •
Telephoto prime lens | Micro Four Thirds

I only have a few lenses, an all-around zoom + a macro and fisheye lens.  Was looking for something for taking photos at the park or portrait pics.  This seems to be quite a fun lens to play with, as it has a wide range of situations it appears to be comfortable in.  I don't think I have much to say that the other reviews have not said already, so a picture!

I have finally gotten around to finish my review of the 75 f/1.8, and I want to share my impressions and pictures with you. The review can be found here , I hope you like it.

As one reviewer said just buy it. Another said "if you have a use for it". If you shoot people, landscapes night street scenes, indoor sports, theater and other performance art, you HAVE a use for this lens. To let some pictures do the talking first ... Some people samples .. Kids Littlies .. Some Low (sometimes extremely low) light samples Music - I couldn't even SEE some of these musicians esp the camera tech lady, I saw only a silhouette.  THe OMF VF to the rescue. Footloose The 75 (and ...

zakk9

Everything has been said already. If you like the focal range, there's no better lens; sharp, beautiful bokeh, fast, no ugly artifacts, well built, cool design, and it's almost pocketable.

Just buy it. I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. The lens excels in everything you would want it to excel in. Razor sharp. very low in optical aberrations, coma, astigmatism, and distortion. Absolutely wonderful bokeh! If you can justify the cost based on your style of photography, get one.

I bought this lens after seeing a friend's amazing portraits taken with it, checking samples on Flickr, and reading the praise it has received in online reviews. I also wanted to get some great shots of my baby daughter while she was still an infant, and getting in too close distracts her too much - she stops doing whatever makes the image worth taking :) Also, I did some concert photography for a band and found myself having to get in too close because my brightest/fastest lens was not a zoom. ...

Day light, olympus pen e-p5 75 mm 1.8 New to th micro 4/3, Coming from Pentax 645d, Nikon D4, D800 and skeptical of the smaller sensor size of the M4/3. I bought the olympus e-p5 with 5 primes for the size factor. the olympus 75mm 1.8 is simply amazing. Size, build quality are superb. Sharpness, bokhen and colors are unbelievable.  of the 5 primes 12mm,17mm,45mm,75mm Olympus and 25 mm Leica, the 75 mm is my favourite of the group.  150 mm f 1.8 is a good portrait range with exceptional ...