Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8

Announced Jun 30, 2011 •
Telephoto prime lens | Micro Four Thirds
tinpusher

So small and lightweight you can take it anywhere in a pocket. Optically it's superb and far better than expected for the price. Ideal for portraits but mainly used for landscapes and architecture where it's ideal for isolating detail. A great buy.

chkugler

a great portrait lens! pictures : http://luke-photoblog.blogspot.de/2013/09/panasonic-g2-13.html

47872Mike

A really good lens in every respect I can think of. When you finally get so sick of manually focusing your favourite 50mm lens on a m4/3 adapter that you stump up the cash for this, you'll be amazed at the speed of AF and the sharpness right from maximum aperture. The first time I took this lens outside, I was able to capture a sharp photo of two cyclists riding almost directly towards me at dusk. Its close focus capability is not at all bad at exactly half a meter, but I would love it even ...

I have had this lens for 3 days now and so far I find it OK. No sharper than the 20 mm f1.7, focus well in good light only, does not seem to appreciate low light too much. Tiny and unimpressive-looking.. One can't expect miracles from these m4/3 lenses, but within its limits it delivers a good job. Not expensive, buy it for its 1.8 otherwise a regular kit zoom like the 14-45 does as good if not better at 45 .

Superb little lens. Just sold my silver one (got a good offer) and have a black one on the way (I know .. bling). That said, we've all read the reports on the excellent quality of this little lens and the absolutely unmatched price/performance ratio for a portrait lens. What do I have to add? It is a disarming, non threatening lens. Being so small, working with first time and timid models or subjects is SO much easier as you are not peering out from behind the bazooka you are pointing at ...

F irst of all, let me clarify it to you that there cannot be one lens for only one purpose in digital era of photography. A macro lens is very versatile for shooting portraits; likewise a tele lens of 300mm is awesome for portraits as well as wildlife and sports. A wideangle lens can be used with awesome success if you want some environmental portraits. Here also, an Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm f/1.8 (90mm in full format), which is made for MFT camera-bodies can be used for different ...

This is a lovely prime lens. It has made me want to use more prime lenses to get that extra quality and shallow depth of field that can make portraits stand out.

VinceC

Tiny, bright, sharp.  Super.  Only let-down is Olympus cheap-skate policy on lens hoods.  Good job the Chinese do high quality fakes (or are they production "over-runs"?)

Kirppu

With lens cap ;). Don't know why someone would like to sell one of these. Because it's nice bright, sharp lens that I mainly bought for portraits but have found usefull in many more situtations also. Only thing I don't like is the fiddly focus ring which makes a small sound if used while recording video ( could be that it have weared a bit by usage. this was second hand lens for me ) . Also it doesn't come with lens cap which is just moronic in my opinion. Overall build quality satisfies me, ...

Nko Gonzalvis

Small, light, great bokeh and crazy sharp. Plus it is fast focusing and very contrasty. One of my favorite lenses. A must-have lens for every m4/3 owner.