Olympus Stylus 760 (mju 760 Digital)

Announced Jan 25, 2007 •

Well made camera that looks very nice and compact. Weather proof feature is useful. Main advantage is that this is a lightweight, easy to use style camera. The LCD screen is relatively large and clear. Both start up time and shot to shot time is average. However, the quality of the pictures is below average, with relatively high noise and high noise reduction even at low iso. The CCD shift stabilization does not work very well, and the flash is not powerful. Image also tend to be soft ...

Used it for about 6 months, image quality is very good for a low-end P&S. Pics are very very sharp, color is good. As matter of fact, this camera takes better pic than my other camera - Nikon P4.

I compared the Olympus Stylus 760 with the Nikon S200 for a day - both are around the $170 mark. The Olympus is larger and heavier. While the Olympus has mechanical image stabilization and the Nikon doesn't, the Nikon's better AF vastly outweighed this advantage. The Olympus AF mechanism filed to set the focus correctly 9 times out of 10 in macro mode in poor light conditions. After hunting for a second it gave up and seemed to pick a distance at random (infinity?).

Excellent features for an untracompact. I was seeking an easy to use camera for my wife who's a novice. Yet I also wanted robust features for me when I don't want to carry my DSLR. We've used the camera mostly for travel and around town convenience shots. I also carry it when running and cycling. The image stabilization is a big plus and really helps with image quality. Problems: No problems encountered.

I have been using it for two weeks only. First impression: a good camera for an ultra-compact. Design is great. Image quality is good. Automation mode works OK. The image stabilization is satisfactory, does not make magics. I like so many different functions in menu! You can tune the camera for your taste easily. The software attached works good. The camera is strong and beautiful. I bought camera with a 512 MB memory card in package and an Olympus leather case too. I am fully agree with the ...