Olympus D-340L

Announced Sep 28, 1998 •
1 megapixels | 2 screen | 36 mm
hflavo

Purchased min in spring 2000...used mainly for shooting eBay shots, for which it is excellent (macro mode, and normal close focusing at tele). Picture color and quality is excellent for a 1.3mp camera. Uses easy to find batteries. Problems: Sliding door has worked loose after years of service...must be held by scotch tape. Dropped my first one and broke...cost $100 for factory service. Bought second on eBay for $50.

I've used this camera for making real estate flyers for the past 3 years and have been extremely pleased with it. It is so easy to use and takes great pictures. No regrets whatsoever and highly recommend it. I am buying another camera only to get a wide angle lense.

Reliable! Very good picture even for standards prints. he pan function is superb, you can shoot up to 10 images and stitch them together (via software), on a mouse click, impressive. Works with horizontal or vertical pans. Good macro function, great details.

Frank Sinkavich

I used one for 2 and a half years. It was my first digital camera. It was easy to use and the picture quality was excellent. A great camera to learn about digital photography. I sold it and moved up to a C-2020z. Problems: None

3 years old now and no problems. Quick startup time, nice image quality and decent battery life even on cheap alkalines. Robust - has survived being knocked and dropped over the years. Problems: Only gripes are a long 'press to shutter release' time and an annoying tendency for the shutter to occasionally refuse to go until the button is released and repressed. This usually happens in difficult lighting conditions but can be extrememly frustrating.

3 years on and still going strong. Known as the 840L in the UK, this was my first DC and I still love it. Good colour balance, detail and sharpness for a 1.3 MP camera with a smallish lense. Particularly impressive in low light (dusk) - will happily auto focus and still produce good pics. The SHQ (1280x960) mode produces bright and appealing 400k images. HQ (also 1280x960) is superfluous - there isn't enough detail for the large image size. SQ (640x480) shots are ideal for web/email - they ...

When I first bought this camera 3 years ago, it cost almost $1000. It was the best of bunch back then. It fits in my pocket and is ready to go. I live in southeast asia and have exposed it to the damp, heat, ect. Have dropped it several times. It still works as good as new. The ONLY thing that makes me want to up grade is that it has no "portrait" mode. Take a shot of a person up close, or example, and the knees become gigantic! With a fixed 35 mm. it's great for group shots, buildings and ...

I have had this little camra for 3 years now and it has served me well. It was an excellent way to get into digital photography. I just purchased the Olympus 3040 becuase I have been so satisfied with Olympus Problems: Not a single problem in 3 years.

Fred Rothenberg

Have had the camera for about a year. It is now considered a "beginner's" camera but at the time it was the state of the art in consumer cameras. I have been very satisfied with it other than it offers no optical zoom (which has probably made me a better photographer. Have never had a single problem with the camera. But it is time to move on (the kids can have this one). Problems: None at all