Olympus C-5000 Zoom

Announced Aug 29, 2003 •
iloop

I have the camera for about a year now. Excellent image quality, even when not on highest settings. A very good camera for newbies who want something to experiment on, before moving to pro models. Problems: Build quality could be better. X3 zoom is often not enough.

ipch

When you get use of this camera, you will know that this is an excellent digital camerar of 5.0MP, high photos quality and accurate white balance. Start-up and focus fast and precise. Long life battery, etc. Do recommend to all new digital camera users.

mmditter

This camera is a great value. Although I frankly would have preferred the C-5060, the C-5000 offered much of the same quality for a much lower price and was within my budget. Build quality and image quality are excellent. Menus offer many, many choices but are not intuitive. I printed the full manual and have found myself referring to it often. Can get good images by just pointing and shooting, but the manual settings offer numerous options. (Update Aug., 2007. Put the camera away and ...

sophia40

Used it for half a year now, everything excellent, high quality photos, user friendly, accurate focus both days and night. The battery is extremely long life, have taken over 300 photos without replacement.

Shopinful

I have owned this camera for a little over a year. This is my second Olympus camera. I have had great luck with the first Olympus digital and wanted more pixels so choose the C-5000. I live in Florida and the sun shines pretty much all the time so it is hard at times to use the screen but I would guess that is the same with all digital cameras. My pictures are clear and the colors is excellent. I have even found that when I have taken pictures in very dark areas the pictures turn out ...

adahucis

It is an excellent camera. I have taken hundreds of pictures with it which always gives me amazing images. As a tool, the C-5000 enables the user to take wonderful pictures without the weight and inconvenience of an SLR and a bag full of expensive lenses. Problems: Not really professional outlook.

adahucis

susannayip

excellent camera, with nice pictures.

john123

very good photo quality good hand feel accurate focus long battery life if you read and understand the user guide, this will be a prefect camera Problems: not prosumer looking

leuiod

very good digital camera, good photo quality. recommended to new users.