Olympus C-1 (D-100)

Announced Mar 6, 2001 •
Robson Reis

I send this comment to eopinions.com, now I want to share with newsgroup people: I bought this camera 13 months ago, I soot a more than 2000 pictures, very good images, but three weeks ago, after I changed the batteries, the camera did not turn on. I thought it was batteries, but were not. I took to Olympus repair center, they took 5 days and they call me with the price to fix (my warranty was 12 months (ah ah looks like a clock bomb). They ask me US$ 150 to fix the camera. They are crazy. A ...

Good entry level camera, except of image quality. the lens is really bad! whats more, it often need very long expositure times.

Alejo

I was looking for a pocket cam in order to carry it everywhere. I found this model and bought it on line. It does it job perfectly, if you consider it to be just a pocket cam. No complaints at all, it´s a very good companion for trips.

Ben Caesar

Good entry-level camera. Point and click. Good performance in low-light conditions. Fairly reliable at taking reasonable pics (probably due to uncomplicated P&S design). Certainly one of the better entry-level models. The 35mm equivalent is prob the best fixed equivalent you can have in the most situations. AA batteries is handy when desperate. Is a good camera for the main benefits of digicamming (loads of pictures and instant viewing on LCD). Viewing pics on the LCD is slow as it ...

I borrowed this camera for three days and I took my very first picture, here is an exemple http://w1.498.telia.com/~u49816524/Bilder/best/stor1.htm I was really impressed! so now I´m in que e for Olympus C-200. ( I had to through away some of the longdistance zoomed ones, so I guess big brother will be worth a hundred more.) The linscover gets an extra + Problems: YES! The camera I´m looking for is not available..... I´m really longing for it!

Except for the small screen - and some rather annoying trouble with the usb driver for Windows 98 - this is a perfect camera for snapshots and photos for web-use. I just bought it for appr. 200 US$ Problems: Install extra driver for Windows 98, then the Camedia Master will recognize the camera as a temporary drive usually named E. Do not / I emphazise this / try to use the my camera icon ...

Very easy to use camera with great color images. Quite easy on batteries as well and fits well into the pocket. The limitations of this 1.3megapixal camera show up sometimes and make me wish I had a 3megapixal camera sometimes. Love the value though and glad for buying this well thought out and easy to use and carry camera. Problems: Fell on the camera with full force and it survived apart from the battery cover breaking open. Olympus in Sweden fixed it without charge.

Great pocket camera. A joy to use and the pix look good for the price I payed. $280 CDN I have taken this camera on sking and mountain biking treks. Wonderful as photo email camera. Problems: My first camera, after a week had a electronic bug and was replaced. This one has run well for 4 months. Be aware of disconecting the USB properly. Keep the lens clean, dust will show!

Problems: help pleace!!!! i cant download picture mediacam usb what soft i need pleace

For 1700 kr (£170) it is a really nice point and shoot camera. Just bear in mind that this is not for demanding artistic photography. The best things about this camera (apart from its pricetag) is the ease of use and the small size and weight. A little trick: when hooked up to your pc you can use the cameras Smart Media card as a portable storage device for all sorts of files. Just drag and drop a file into the root directory :) Problems: No problems so far