Nikon D80

Announced Aug 9, 2006 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Francis de la Pena

Just going straight to the facts: Pros: Good upgrade from D50 and D70 Very useful for outdoor photography Has a separate Bracketing button Included Function button Flash Test button Battery grip available from Nikon and third party manufacturers Excellent Battery Life Various Exposure Settings: 100, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1600, Hi.1, Hi.7, Hi1 Lightweight Problems: So far so good, at least for what I use it for

Francis de la Pena

Just upgraded from the D50, and all I got to say is, the D80 i awesome, so far no problems. I've shot it indoors, and outdoors, and all photos came up high quality. Problems: none

mr_landscape

- far better sensitivity than comparable Canon models - as always rock-solid body construction - one of the best semi-pro cameras of those times Problems: I use this camera when traveling to Ukraine and don`t remember situation when i run into a problems with this camera.

magwo

Very nice to shoot with, although a bit heavy which made me sometimes leave it at home. Recently sold it because I am curious about video. High quality camera all-round, excellent if you're not interested in video.

Nikon Minolta Shooter

Excellent DSLR for experienced consumer/amateur photographer. Have shot over 2,000 images since getting the camera in Jan 2009. Am using the Nikkor 18-200 DX VR lens. Problems: Exposure is sometimes off a bit, but bracketing takes care of it. The "rear" setting for the flash requires additional lighting - not recommended for general portrait photography.

Jithoto

First DSLR, incredibly happy with it. Have had it now for over 2 years, and have no desire to replace it with any newer models. Problems: Highest ISO is 1600, still tricky to take quick night shots.

JukkaV

D80 was my first DSLR (at december 2006 if recall correctly) and I have been very happy with it. Currently I have also D2X and D700, but I'm also still using D80. Problems: ISO above 800 is not very good, but even ISO 1600 will print well in 10x15cm prints. MB-D80 feels plastic. Sometimes AF isn't fast enough. But these are not real/big problems. D80 is great camera.

dholl

Feature-rich and perhaps the best IQ from the Dxx range (tho`I haven't tried the D90). For some reason I wasn't that keen on it in my hand...for its price and reputation I was expecting a more seductive camera. Recommended for those who enjoy the Dxx body and want big resolution and masses of features but don't need Live-View or video. Otherwise save your money and get a D70 or D50.

akbary septianto

i have used this camera for 2 years, and having nothing to complaint about except the noise in high iso used.. but sometimes i love the noise.. it build a character if we taking a BW pictures.. the body built was just so good, because mine was drop from the tripod, about 1.5metres and hit the floor but it still works till now...

mjcg58