Nikon D80

Announced Aug 9, 2006 •
10 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor

After all these years...this is still my workhorse.... I do my wifes Realty website and use VisualTour to create stitched Home Presentations... www.jbbartel.com.... with the Tokina 12-24 F4 lens I get the best sharp "almost distortion free" pics for viewing...and shoot indoors with the Nikon 600 flash.... I may have the product numbers a little goofed up, but these are what I recall that they are classified as......age does have it challenges Distortion is a big problem with any wide angle ...

Francis de la Pena

Just going straight to the facts: Pros: Good upgrade from D50 and D70 Very useful for outdoor photography Has a separate Bracketing button Included Function button Flash Test button Battery grip available from Nikon and third party manufacturers Excellent Battery Life Various Exposure Settings: 100, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1600, Hi.1, Hi.7, Hi1 Lightweight Problems: So far so good, at least for what I use it for

Francis de la Pena

Just upgraded from the D50, and all I got to say is, the D80 i awesome, so far no problems. I've shot it indoors, and outdoors, and all photos came up high quality. Problems: none

Tripodasaurus

The Nikon D80 has served me very well over the years and still works perfectly. It was good value for money when it came on the market but has since been superseded by the D90 and D7000. I was going to upgrade to the D700 FX but decided on the more practical Canon G13 from which I haven't looked back. My photography has improved both in quality output and enjoyment.

bloodnok

decided to upgrade to this body after about two years of shooting with a d70. the d70 was a great camera. this one is way better. better sensor. faster. more convenient. a smidge smaller. the switch to sd cards was really appreciated.

mr_landscape

- far better sensitivity than comparable Canon models - as always rock-solid body construction - one of the best semi-pro cameras of those times Problems: I use this camera when traveling to Ukraine and don`t remember situation when i run into a problems with this camera.

magwo

Very nice to shoot with, although a bit heavy which made me sometimes leave it at home. Recently sold it because I am curious about video. High quality camera all-round, excellent if you're not interested in video.

Joaquinnekuh

Only for pirinchov, who is obviously paid by Sony or in a mad house.

Nikon Minolta Shooter

Excellent DSLR for experienced consumer/amateur photographer. Have shot over 2,000 images since getting the camera in Jan 2009. Am using the Nikkor 18-200 DX VR lens. Problems: Exposure is sometimes off a bit, but bracketing takes care of it. The "rear" setting for the flash requires additional lighting - not recommended for general portrait photography.

Jithoto

First DSLR, incredibly happy with it. Have had it now for over 2 years, and have no desire to replace it with any newer models. Problems: Highest ISO is 1600, still tricky to take quick night shots.