Nikon D7000

Announced Sep 15, 2010 •
16 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Araldite

I have had two of these cameras. Went to the D7100 after my first one, the Canon 70D and now own a D7000. In my pinion it has stood the test of time and unless your pixel peeking will give the D7000 a good run for it's money.

vashishth

Very good feature set, ease of access buttons. Exceptional low light high iso pictures

williams70

Had the D7000 for a few weeks, upgraded from D3100.  The D7000 18/105 appears to be a good lens. the camera is heaver. But all together the D7000 I think is a better camera, so it should be at 3X the price. Do not dismiss the D3100.

I took this camera after using for several years the nikon D5000. The difference between the two cameras is high, despite the fact that the D5000 is good equipment. The D7000 has great body, fastest shutter speed 1/8000, good and fast AF is better than in D5000. Image quality is excellent, great dynamic range to ISO 1600. Low light quality is good or acceptable up to ISO6400.

LeLamb

I took this camera after using for several years the nikon d3000. The difference was astonishing great camera and great reviews on this site. Problems: The Iso button regulator is not in a good position to make quick changes, i suggest using one of the customizeble buttons to avoid this inconvenient

Almost everything you could want in a camera bar the ability to take sharp in focus shots. Great body comfy well built, good on body controls and feel in the hand. Excellent specification overall and has almost everything you could want in a DSLR including a 100% viewfinder. Sensor is excellent as is the jpeg engine which you can use with ease even in lower light without worrying. Buffer is a bit small for this class of camera, but probably ok if you are shooting jpegs. Everything would be ...

Vivian Bedoya

The design of the camera with its many dials and settings is fabulous and so is the feel of it in the hand, especially if yours are small like mine. Unfortunately, it cannot deliver a sharp image and for me that is a total deal breaker. I've spent a lot of time adjusting the AF fine tuning, shooting with different lenses and going through a dozen hoops only to have it continue to fall short. I want to put my time into shooting not into becoming a Nikon technician! I'm seriously considering ...

What a frustrating experience so far! My first post here and it will not be a happy one, but I wanted to share the experience. Let me start by saying that I am not a professional photographer but I have a technical background. I owned a Canon 550D with a 18-55 kit lens which I decided to give to my girlfriend and I would 'upgrade' to a better body, etc. I was very happy with the 550D but needed a change. After a lot of research on the net I decided to go for the D7000 due to very good specs ...

Yes, I said that. Why? Just look at the facts: the 16 Mp sensor in this camera has still the best IQ among all the DX sensors that use the Bayer filter. And that applies even though this camera has been on the market for 2 years! Sure I'd like to have that cool Fuji sensor in it which offers even better IQ, but there's a hope that Nikon will have to move that way (to make a similar sensor) soon because of the diffraction effects that make high density Bayer sensors (especially those 24 Mp) ...

Alex Mitaru

I am very unhappy with my D7000...it broke 8 month out of warranty and Nikon USA wants $224 to fix it. Yes, I know it is our of warranty, but my first Nikon DSLR, the D40 broke after 11 month of use, and the D7000 failed after 20 month of use, so for me the failure rate on Nikon DSLR is 66% (only the D90 didn't break, but I hardly used it). And the camera was NEVER abused, never dropped and very lightly used. Am I the only one with such a bad experience with Nikon quality ?? Thanks, Alex