Nikon D7000

Announced Sep 15, 2010 •
16 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
jtan163

I find myself writing this review about 4 years too late. It's 2014 and the D7100 has been out for about a year so the D7000 really is old news. But then again most of what I am writing about applies equally to the D7100. I don't think the D7100 went backward in any area and it's advantages over it's current siblings in the Nikon range are about the same as the D7000 and its then current siblings. What's more for some shooters the D7000 (second hand and/or at the right price) may still be a ...

Curley Bill

My opinion is not good for this one. I have had two D90 Nikons and have been very satisfied with them. My D7000 is not nearly as good in many ways. the main problem is focus: it does not focus every time and sometimes it takes a number of button detentes to make it clear up?? Some photography is to grab the moment and not wait to get the camera to focus properly. I have sent the camera to Nikon and it came back working as it should for a short time and then it has got steadily worse and ...

The Nikon D7000 is the best purchase I've made . Its value-for-money is just overwhelming. Nikon included all of its best to-date features in a DX format camera body, which resulted in an agile, versatile and ergonomic, semi-pro camera. The focusing system is great, both the system and the internal focusing motor. Its performance with the 50mm f/1.8D is simply genius. You get high quality pictures with a wide range of available lenses. Low-light situations are typical for a DX format lens, ...

Sovan

What will be my d7000 setinngs to shoot raw files more crisp?

Araldite

I have had two of these cameras. Went to the D7100 after my first one, the Canon 70D and now own a D7000. In my pinion it has stood the test of time and unless your pixel peeking will give the D7000 a good run for it's money.

vashishth

Very good feature set, ease of access buttons. Exceptional low light high iso pictures

williams70

Had the D7000 for a few weeks, upgraded from D3100.  The D7000 18/105 appears to be a good lens. the camera is heaver. But all together the D7000 I think is a better camera, so it should be at 3X the price. Do not dismiss the D3100.

I took this camera after using for several years the nikon D5000. The difference between the two cameras is high, despite the fact that the D5000 is good equipment. The D7000 has great body, fastest shutter speed 1/8000, good and fast AF is better than in D5000. Image quality is excellent, great dynamic range to ISO 1600. Low light quality is good or acceptable up to ISO6400.

LeLamb

I took this camera after using for several years the nikon d3000. The difference was astonishing great camera and great reviews on this site. Problems: The Iso button regulator is not in a good position to make quick changes, i suggest using one of the customizeble buttons to avoid this inconvenient