Nikon D4

Announced Jan 6, 2012 •
16 megapixels | 3.2 screen | Full frame sensor
azotor

except for the left focus problem, it's a good camera.

Katerinipieria

I have the d4 for about a year now, I mostly shoot sports and action, and I love this body more and more Every time I use it. Great ergonomics , just fits like a glove in my hand , lighter than the d3s I used to own,  high ISO amazing up to 12800 , and paired with my 400 2.8 vr  and 200 f 2 vr ii , I have no problem getting those shutter speeds in low light. The autofocus simply amazing, and the overall camera a joy to use. Nikon did a great job with this body.

Photocomposit

Firstly I am a Nikon user only. I read a lot about the D4 before I purchased. It is like the I have gone light years ahead (pardon pun) .The low light capability of this camera has changed my entire outlook when I think of composing a picture. No worries about tripods just bang up the ISO, such freedom and ability to express without penalty. Some of the comparison shots between Canon v Nikon would give Canon the edge but if you look closer it look like Canon is using it's reduce noise ...

As good as the D3s  for low light photography but with a little extra resolution and improved AF in low light. I bought it for low light work, and apart from the D3s there isnt another DSLR that can match it. I just wish it was smaller, like the D700, I would sacrifice some FPS and movie mode for size, then it would be perfect.

Philippe Manning

Once the programming is made of pure pleasure awaits us with this beast. Nikon is a serious advance.

RudivanS

Nikon did well with this proprietary sensor - Color and tonal transition a definite step up. Should we have to pay the high price for 100% dependability? No. Is it 100% dependable? Yes! 16MB is fine for my work - Corporate event, portrait, travel and product/still life photography. Beautiful refined body and ergonomics. Problems: The separate XQD card and reader is a hinderance.

Ratana2010

good image quality Problems: low resolution

After a long pre-order wait from Berger Bros, Brad called me out of the blue with the arrival of my D4. As I traded my D3X in, I was eager to get my hands on it. My concern was downgrading pixels from 24.5 to 16mp due to commercial & industrial trade show presentations which require large presentations. With that fear, I also ordered a D800. The first thing I noticed about the D4 was how it appeared lighter in your hands, yet it isn't. There is virtually no clipping in JPGs outdoor whereas ...

Alessandro Amato

I had the possibility to compare today my D3S with the new D4, I made several pictures with each camera in low light conditions with the 24-70 lens fixed at 2.8, all the settings were the same, ISO where going from 1600 to 204800. The results were in favor of the D3S, the Nikon responsable told me that this is due to the sowftware which is not the definitive one. Before buying the D4, I will test it again with the latest firmware, I will also test it against the Canon 1DX.