Nikon D300

Announced Aug 23, 2007 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Jacqdem

All in all a great camera and still one of Nikon's best DX SLRs. Excellent AF covering a large part of the picture. Very good to excellent ergonomics. A good solid body is made in Thailand (I couldn't spot any significant difference with Sendai made bodies). As usual with Nikons (I've been using Nikon bodies since late eighties) extremely reliable and simply oozes quality. AF is fast, the camera is responsive and fast enough for most of the uses. The quality of picture is good to very good - ...

AntnioGM

Bought used, with about 18 000 shots, in mint condition. It's the best camera I have for fast action shots, but it's colour rendition leaves a lot to be desired. There are no reds, only orange. A pitty. However, it has one of the best autofocus system ever produced. It can track a moving object without any problem. Very good sports camera. Problems: None

StD

Great camera... if only it worked! Well - the camera itself is very solid, has all the features I need, has great image quality until the ISO gets too high, is easy enough to use but... Problems: ...I bought a brand new D300 about four weeks ago. Took some pictures, looked at them on the PC and a bright blue hot pixel near the middle of the shot stood out like a sore thumb. Strike one. (I know, I know - hot or dead pixels are to be considered "normal". But in this price range, I did not want ...

ppolgar

I’ve been a professional photographer for over 20 years and use both the Canon and Nikon pro systems. I own the Nikon D3 and recently purchased the D300 as a back-up system and I really put this camera through its paces. In terms of build quality, ergonomics and features, sure it’s a wonderful camera. But I do have issues with the images the D300 produces. First off, I only use pro lenses. No cheapy glass for me. Initially, I found the images are very colorful depending on the in-camera ...

cta88

Coming from a D200, this is NOT what I expected. Image quality, except for the lower noise at higher ISO is more or less the same. The famed active D lighting works at the expense of noise in the shades and in NEF is useless anyway, as you can do this in Capture NX. Construction is slightly weaker compared to the D200. Another bluff are the 51 focus points -they are not matched with the computing power of the camera so there are some nasty delays in aquiring focus, even with AF-S lenses. ...

Mariano Ragusin

c'est une machine magnifique bravo nikon Problems: the problem is that İ have to read 400 pages of manual to refresh my memory ha ha !!

Tizzio

Upgraded from a D200 and after using it for 3 weeks. IQ is not as good as my D2Xs at ISO 100-400, and not substantially better than my D200. New rubber skin is good but too tacky for dirts.

Peter Dilov

I be very pleased from Nikon D300. After D200 this body is nice surprise for me!

Merrick

'Offsetting' a 1-star with a 5-star does nothing but bias scores toward three. Last time I checked 1 and 5 don't 'cancel' and average to 0. So stop messing up the scores even if some jerk has given the camera all 1's or 5's without reason. Problems: Yes - this forum doesn't allow you NOT to post a rating.

Peteroc

What the heck are people reviewing a camera thats not on sale yet? Are you people outta your minds? Lets hope they get rid of all these owner 'reviews' (including this one) once the unit is on sale, that way we can read some intelligent opinions on the model. For now I'm sticking with my Eastman Kodak Box Brownie mainly cause I like the smell of leather. Problems: Lack of color on the Box brownie, and the zoom function does not appear to work. Wonder if its still under warranty?