Nikon D300

Announced Aug 23, 2007 •
12 megapixels | 3 screen | APS-C sensor
Erciro

Almost 6 years old and with more than 45000 shutter count I still find mt D300 very reliable.

Jacqdem

All in all a great camera and still one of Nikon's best DX SLRs. Excellent AF covering a large part of the picture. Very good to excellent ergonomics. A good solid body is made in Thailand (I couldn't spot any significant difference with Sendai made bodies). As usual with Nikons (I've been using Nikon bodies since late eighties) extremely reliable and simply oozes quality. AF is fast, the camera is responsive and fast enough for most of the uses. The quality of picture is good to very good - ...

pricyl

good camera! love the 3D tracking AF!

AntnioGM

Bought used, with about 18 000 shots, in mint condition. It's the best camera I have for fast action shots, but it's colour rendition leaves a lot to be desired. There are no reds, only orange. A pitty. However, it has one of the best autofocus system ever produced. It can track a moving object without any problem. Very good sports camera. Problems: None

I bought this camera in Feb 2008, just prior to the DPreview review ! It's taken hundreds of thousands of shots since then and I don't think there's been a day when I have not put her to (good) use. The Nikon D300 was a massive move from Pentax film cameras and a couple of Fuji Finepix digital 'bridge' cameras for me. Not only in terms of my creative commitment to my photography but also the financial commitment to this 'Hobby' - It's wasn't a cheap camera at the time and I had to contend ...

BryceM

After three and half years, this camera feels like it has become a part of me. I've dragged it around world and to the top of Mount Rainier and it has never failed me. This wonderfully built marvel of industrial design is my personal benchmark for excellent camera design. Problems: none

mr_landscape

-the best APS-C camera in 2007-2010 -lightning-fast and accurate auto-focus -excellent s/n ratio -superb rock-solid build -awesome ergonomics Problems: Only positive emotions no problems detected!

widedxprime

Got mine in 2007 and its still a work of art, very responsive and has alot of user settings so you can make any adjustments depending on shooting conditions. Has full support for legacy lenses and a good lcd that lets you see if the picture taken is good or not right away. weather sealed, fast and feels just like a real camera should, not too big not too small. Loves good lenses to get the most out of it, dynamic range is good and high iso is pretty good also. will keep it until it dies in ...

doug70

Fantastic camera and still up there with the newer models on the market. Problems: None.

The best mid-range camera as of today.