Nikon D2X

Announced Sep 16, 2004 •
12 megapixels | 2.5 screen | APS-C sensor
Suat Gokmen

I hesitated for a long time before getting the D2X, I had a hard time justifying the price considering it is just a hobby, and i am not a very good photographer. So I kept going with the D100 and the D50. But since i purchasd the camera, my photographs improved dramatically. The exposure is always dead on, I play with white balance whereas before I just left it on Auto, because it is so much more responsive, fast easier to use. I sippose I also have more confiedence in my equipment knowing I ...

w e i

Hello dear photographers her age now is 4 monthes, after more than 10,000 clicks I think its the best camera I can have for myself now, the best body to have that for sure, easy to use, a bit heavy. Its like a gun, Im not using the 8 fps all the time but its nice. with a good 17-55 its the best camera to have for weddings photography. Problems: iso 1600 and 3200 almost impossible to use, a lot of noise. i dont have the money to the 70-200 F2.8 :)

Philippe Manning

I'm happy, first, I buy just in time, a rebate of 500$ CAN, goes on D2x. Since july 2002, I work with D100 and last summer I buy a second one. And now D2x, i'ts a great day, this DSLR, is near the perfection, nothing else. And secundo, what's I like... HDR, screen 2.5, USB 2.0, grip, battery, WB and very more. you can see some picture at : studiomanning Problems: The depandence, that the problem ;-)

pictures

Very good image quality but very expensive for digit SLR.

Zorpie

I've only had my D2X for a month but I have to say it is the BEST DSLR I have ever owned. The construction and build quality, the ergonomics and handling are fantastic. The battery lasts literally forever. I cannot see myself needing another DSLR for a few years !! Well done Nikon. This is one of your best. Problems: No problems.

mslmdr

Have used Nikon DX1 for 3 years before upgrade. After 3000 photos with DX2 seem to have less problem with dust on CMOS/CCD. Glad to have stayed with Nikon to use same lenses. The ~1.5 multiplier effect is an advantage with telephoto lenses. Great photos! Probably a fair price for a great camera. Problems: None so far

Charles Giallanza

I purchased the nikon d2x 11 months ago,and could not be more please with picture taking.The cameras feel and controls are at your finger tips.The menu can seen without glasses, not small like my s2.What I like most is the battery life,no unpredicted letdowns,in the middle of a job.The vew finder at 100%coverage is a plus,and I can use my older aI lenses.The camera,picking it up for the first time,I found to be user friendly.Realiable it is.Once you firmare update it , you have a completely ...

pkhsu

Yes it's bulky and heavy, but the images are so good that makes you want to use it all the time. Had this camera for more than 6 months and tremendous joy using it. It is sturdy and fast. Coupled with some prime lens the results are very good.

TheMadScot

Over six months of using a D2x behind me now, and 6000+ shots taken... I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Daniel Soh

Excellent WB manual setting, K setting allows fine-tuning not seen in earlier digital camera like D100, automatic setting not as idiot-proof as I would like it to be. But it is heaps better than anything I've seen to date. Future battles to decide which camera is better maybe the flexibility and accuracy of the auto WB.