Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II

Announced Jul 30, 2009 •
Telephoto zoom lens | Nikon F (FX)

Beautiful lens, super fast focus, deadly tack sharp. 2.8 makes your bokeh looks very smooth and creamy. The best glass I ever had. Too expensive ? Not really for what it does BMO. Thanks, Nikon.

Other photographers would tell me over and over to get the Nikkor 70-200. For years I'd used the Nikkor 28-300 3.5-5.6 and was perfectly happy with it and it was great to have that super range of zoom. But after trying out the 70-200 I was hooked! It has a beautiful look and feel to the shots. I love the look it gives models…making them a bit slimmer. The focus is tack sharp at all settings and everything is clear, colors are vibrant. The bokeh (Blurring of backgrounds) is fantastic and that ...

Kialya

heavy durable flawless piece of glass ,, it really means being at the heart of image :) it worth every penny of its price

So happy I bought this lens last year. On my D800 it is just outstanding. I hand hold 95% of the time. This is certainly a PRO lens. It has made most of my other lenses obsolete because of the quality optics. The bokeh is just beautiful. I leave it on f/2.8 most of the time and only my 60G micro lens can keep up with the sharpness. Worth every penny at retail price.

I thought long and hard about getting this lens. I was looking at the VR 1 version and the 80-200mm but the Superb optics, almost instant AF, incredible modern build quality and VR, and it takes the Teleconverter, plus the whole thang looks almost beautiful. I'm so pleased I finally took the plunge and bought it - It has a fabulous weight and balance to it that reminds you that it is a quality piece of kit. VR II lets you take handheld shots at quite amazing low shutter speeds - I managed ...

nikheat

My Nikon 180mmF2,8 was stolen a year an a half ago, and I had nothing in the 100-300mm range So while looking around the internet for a replacement, I was staggered at the prices for lenses in this range at the time, even second hand. Then I happened on a very good price for a new 70-200mm VRII, which made the second hand stuff out there suddenly seem expensive, jumped on it before anyone else did. Well, despite still being an expensive item, it has got to be the best purchase I have made in ...

D1cky

My very best and (DX) mostly used lens. I love it - especially at 200 mm!

Lance B

What Gabbo says in his/her review sums it up perfectly. A superb lens that really has no faults. Problems: None whatsoever