Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G

Announced Feb 9, 2009 •
Prime lens | Nikon F (DX)

I love this lens! Every Dx owner should have one of this. Shots taken with this lens are not soft, just stop down a little at F/2.8-4 or even F/5.6-11, then you'll get a sharp shots... I bought this lens because of its Bokeh is so creamy, and you can even take a good landscape shots at a descent field of view as human eye. Pro: Sharp, Fast, good Bokeh, good all-around, Pretty fast Auto-focus at good light Cons: Slow Auto-focus at low-light This is a great subtitute for my nikon 18-55mm, when ...

I have bought this lens one year before and from the beginning wasn't happy about my pictures. In the end I understood that problem is in my lens and this is lack of focus. Nikkor 35mm I checked my cam (D5300) with others lens and found that even Nikkor 18-55 makes pictures better than mine. Nikkor 18-55 I appealed to dealer in our country (Hadar) twice and they said that no any problem in my lens! I have no satisfaction with this lens and want to buy something better from another firm!

arpikusz

My son was born this year and I wanted a fast lens to capture his ... life. Being a hobby photographer in Serbia, price was the mayor issue. Turns out this lens was my best investments in photo gear so far. At 1.8 it's a soft so I usually use it at around 2.8. Sample Too bad it doesn't have distance scale. :-/

Perfectly sharp, lightweight and dirt cheap, this lens is ideal for evening and indoor photography. Its 35mm focal length is roughly equivalent to the human eye's perspective (on a APS-C sensor). Advantages (1) Very sharp (2) Fast - great for low light (3) Lightweight (4) Small (5) Cheap (6) Filter thread does not rotate Disadvantages (1) Prone to some purple fringing on high contrast areas when shooting wide open

Small and extremely powerful lenses for wedding videography. You have to get close to object, but bokeh is really great if you use 2.0 (1.8 is not so sharp) but you will probably not notice it on video. Check some of my video examples shot with this 35mm - 1.8G lense http://tvc.kz/videosemka-portfolio.html

Ze88

Bought this lens year ago and coupled it with my d7100. I have to admit that within its price range there is nearly no other lens which could beat it (on par with Nikon's 50mm 1,8D or G). Great for lowlight, Incredibly sharp from 2 - 8f. Autofocus is very fast. Build is also very solid (even though it is plastic with metal mount). So far this lens has always been in my bag, whenever i went shooting as it never disappointed me. I'd certainly recommend it to everybody!

My fave lens. this lens is for street photography and portrait too. it's sharp, very good bokeh, very lightweight lens, reasonable price to buy. it is recommended to have

Nemsi

I'm happy with this lens. I don't use it all the time just because it's prime lens, but when I need it - the lens does it's best in any kind of light conditions. There's a bit of distortion at the edges but I don't find it as a problem. 5 stars cheers. here're the samples

This lens was originally bought in 2011, and having spent 2 years with it, I can safely say that 85% of my street images were taken with this lens. I love its large aperture, light weight, ease of use, fast AF and incredible sharpness. It already yields excellent image quality wide open, but stopped down to f/2.8 the sharpness is simply amazing. With my D7000, movement tracking is very good, with the AFS motor performing very well. However, I do tend to stick with the standard AF-single mode, ...

nunocm

Just fantastic, walking arround inside and outside with just this one. Zoom with your feet, and take part of the scene... In the DX mount it makes a PERFECT 50 mm focal distance. Enjoy it, don't be afraid of buying this one.