Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS

Announced Sep 6, 2012 •
Zoom lens | Fujifilm X

I shoot with the big guns for clients, but for my personal projects and street work, I'm now using the Fuji X system. I am very impressed with the 18-55 Fuji zoom. It is generally quite sharp throughout the zoom range for a given aperture.  At 35mm, the 18-55 may not be quite up to the level of the Fuji 35mm prime (which I also have), but overall the 18-55 does very well.  At 23mm, well... keep reading :-O.  This lens is a bargain when you consider the build quality, image stabilization, ...

Dietr

I have owned the Canon 7d and 17-55 2.8 combo twice.  Both times the 17-55 2.8 was stellar and did not disappoint.  But at more then $1000 for just the lens, I would have been very angry if it was anything less.  The Fuji 18-55 lacks the constant aperture of 2.8, but it is less then half the size and close FAR less money.  However, as sharp as the Canon 17-55 was, I think that the Fuji is just a little sharper.  I loved the Bokeh that the Canon lens gives, not as nice as a FF but pretty good ...

uray

Best "kit" lens at all: good aperture optimal size working stabilization fast AF excellent image quality high build quality ... Print size A3+  without problems - excelent quality

cuelho1

I love this lens. Sharp, optical stabillisation and relatively fast compared to most other kit zooms, the main reason I bought the XE1. If you can only have one lens for all occasions, this should be it. Problems: A bit wider and longer would be great.