Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR

Announced Feb 4, 2009 •

I've purchased the F200 for about a month ago and made hundreds of pics. All I can say, that IQ is very good. Just as good as my S9600 that has a brighter bigger lens. It is indeed sharper and clearer than my S9600. EXR mode is useful but not that much, still, DR and HR modes are excellent. SR mode needs further development I think. Construction is great. It is a quality product made of good material. Purple fringing is well handled (almost none). Lens could be brighter, but not a problem in ...

Edmis

I find this camera to be the best value at the moment of march of 2010. Canon S90 two times more expensive and doesn't have that truly amazing dynamic range wich set this camera completely apart from others. Purple fringing seems not a problem for lens, that was a proble for F30. Well done Fuji - idea about exr ir great, keep developing it. I would recomend to make a little bit bigger sensor in real terms and faster lens, less zoom range. Problems: It is not possible to use flash in exr ...

I'll start by saying what this site conclud in his review. This camera is a great allrounder (as far as compact go) ; wide-angle, great lens, fast operations, you can rely on auto, some controls, best dynamic range, one of the best high iso. If I had to choose a compact camera to live on a desert island (quite a non-scense scenario), I would take this one. The Exr sensor work just as advertised, only let down is the HR mode that is not up to the previous model (f100fd) in definition. A lot ...

Pleased with this addition to my compact collection chosen for its wider lens usefull sometimes over my F30 , I still think the F30 as good for PQ and will keep it , The F200 for such a cheap price was Irrisistable and better PQ than the F70 we allso tried but returned , the F200 is a bargain for its picture quality which like the F30 is outstanding . Problems: lower battery life than the F30, and slightly weaker flash to are the only things ive noticed so far ..

A very good camera. The EXR sensor is effective and very useful, specially in Low-Light conditions. The Image Stabilizer is very good. Brilliant colors. Problems: The menus are difficult to manage. Sometimes pictures can be noisy, but less noisy than other brands' similar cameras.

An excellent point and shoot camera with extras. It has excellent image quality under all conditions but especially in DR. Low noise high ISO is also very good and betters F31d. Image quality also betters LX3 whihc is good considering LX3 costs more. While usuable for those new to photography also great for those more serious who dont want to carry an SLR at all times. Problems: The dial could do with being a little more clicky

Takes good quality pictures. User interface not very intuitive. If you intend to use fill-in flash in high contrast situations then Firmware Version 1.1 should be installed. Some pictures taken from the John Hopkins Observatory, Chicago, were disappointing probably because I had Version 1.0 installed.

I read only the review and it looks like a nice camera. Problems: I have a F30 and I wanted to change it as I own it since almost 3 years but I don't understand why Fuji didn't improve the quality of picture and features instead of increasing the pixel count. I was really expecting a 10MP camera that performs the same quality as F30 but instead I get a 12MP camera that can reduce the pixel count to 6MP and this is stil not up to F30. Why?

This is the best DC available today imho. While most DCs do well at base iso, very very few can go beyond the base iso and still produce decent image quality, but the F200EXR does. I only print 4x6" from this DC, but I am demanding on image quality. My F200EXR has been set to M3:2 auto iso800 permanently because it has proven very good for that purpose. At base iso, it is capable of delivering fine details corner to corner at max resolution. AF is fast, together with face detection it is ...

At last, a compact camera with a real 1600 ISO mode ! I bought the Panasonic FX01 two years ago and I was constantly disappointed by the high-ISO mode (wether 800 or 1600). I like taking pictures at dusk... I don't mind grainy shots, but I dislike the "oily" shots of the Panasonic. This Fuji is the one is was hoping for. What's more, it has a wide angle and the zoom has a longer range than my Panasonic.