Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR

Announced Feb 4, 2009 •

I'm a fans of Fujifilm. However, the F200EXR is really a dispointment to me. The CCD is just too noisy for today standard. Uneven exposure and noise patches are found when ISO is set above 400. The image quality is no way near the classic F31fd. I own many Fuji DC's. This is the only one I don't like. Canon has made a good move by choosing 10M for the new G11 instead of pushing the number pixels to a higher value. They wisely choose a CCD with a better color response rather than ...

Fujifilm's F200exr is no F31fd! A real mixed bag-- 'A' for ambition and an 'C-' for execution. After half a year of use and 2000 shots I can only recommend this camera with extensive reservations. I still like Fuji's ambitious goals, but F200exr needs considerable refinement. Since Fuji designers balanced every strength with a silly weakness, it's hard to give this camera anything more than 3 out of 5 stars in any category and it is expensive for what it delivers. My baseline for ...

to spiridon Today I did over 10 shots in different ways with f200exr impossible to have a background as shown in flikers picture who took that picture was in the car in motion.I THINK Problems: Picture quality very good but the menu a little difficult and a little confused, some aperture stops missing battery a bit short

F200EXR - capturing fast moving object Dear Friends, Does anybody can tell me how to do the settings in my camera F200EXR order to have this kind of photography (please see the link)? flickr.com/photos/hirosan/3844078596/ I general want to know how to capture fast moving object with F200EXR? I can see that this guy was using Aperture priority mode, ISO 200 (400 alredy has to much noise). Aperture F3.3 or F9? Shooting mode option (default is 200) what I have to do here? Thank you

Takes good quality pictures. User interface not very intuitive. If you intend to use fill-in flash in high contrast situations then Firmware Version 1.1 should be installed. Some pictures taken from the John Hopkins Observatory, Chicago, were disappointing probably because I had Version 1.0 installed.

I read only the review and it looks like a nice camera. Problems: I have a F30 and I wanted to change it as I own it since almost 3 years but I don't understand why Fuji didn't improve the quality of picture and features instead of increasing the pixel count. I was really expecting a 10MP camera that performs the same quality as F30 but instead I get a 12MP camera that can reduce the pixel count to 6MP and this is stil not up to F30. Why?

I have a couple of DSLRs, but missed a pocket camera to carry with me all the time. I didn't expect the same IQ as a DSLR, but wanted a decent IQ for a pocket camera and in general the F200 EXR does take very fine pictures. While the indoor quality is good for a compact camera, it's no where near my DSLR and I don't understand the cameras tendency to prefer high ISO settings even when using flash. In most modes you can set a maximum allowed ISO, but not in EXR mode, which I don't understand. ...

This is the best DC available today imho. While most DCs do well at base iso, very very few can go beyond the base iso and still produce decent image quality, but the F200EXR does. I only print 4x6" from this DC, but I am demanding on image quality. My F200EXR has been set to M3:2 auto iso800 permanently because it has proven very good for that purpose. At base iso, it is capable of delivering fine details corner to corner at max resolution. AF is fast, together with face detection it is ...

At last, a compact camera with a real 1600 ISO mode ! I bought the Panasonic FX01 two years ago and I was constantly disappointed by the high-ISO mode (wether 800 or 1600). I like taking pictures at dusk... I don't mind grainy shots, but I dislike the "oily" shots of the Panasonic. This Fuji is the one is was hoping for. What's more, it has a wide angle and the zoom has a longer range than my Panasonic.

It is impossible to find the features of this camera at the same time in a compact camera. Huge CCD, high f value f14, no noise at high iso, wide angle, very efficient image stabilization, very good macro (5cm), Very good image quality, Manual controls, ease of use, fast enough, efficiant focusing. 95% of taken pictures are good. For the ones who want a good compact camera with their SLR. Problems: There is no Shutter Speed Priority at program photo.