Fujifilm MX-600 Zoom

Announced Feb 4, 1999 •

I have had my MX-600 Zoom for many years now. Bought it in Singapore, where consumer electronics are cheap. When I bought it it was state of the art and very feature rich. There are, compared to todays digital cameras, not a whole lot of buttons and features. It's easy to use, the image quality is great. Light, white ballance etc. can be adjusted manually - but it's very combersome. Back then it was a good camera, but it's slow and very noisy. Problems: The MX-600 Zoom uses SmartCard Flash ...

Problems: I also have the problem that on the back panel (after three year very often) the message "frame error" occurs. The only you can do is to turn the camera off and on.

Dave

I have really enjoyed using this camera, my first digital. I think it has made me a better photographer. I would have liked a hot shoe and threads for filters. Problems: The menu contols on the back are a little flaky after 2 years of use: lots of "frame error" messages and the like. One needs to turn the camera off and on to clear this. I alos have problems with the lens cover falling off.

jeff

Very easy to use and very functional. This is my first camera and was very pleased with the decison to buy the camera. I love the built in rechargable battery. Problems: slow shutter resposne when you take a picture and poor position of the led next to view finder.

Great camera for the money. Mine is almost a year old and is still taking great shots. My only compliant is its poor low light performance. An ISO setting would have been nice. Problems: Lens cap no longer fits right. (falls off easily) Lens has some minor scratches as a result. Would prefer to see built in lens cover.

fenceruk

Great range of features, good colour contrast, excellent battery life (lithium), AC adapter included. Problems: image quality can be compromised if high compression is used.

In 4/99, the best cam for <$500. Good color, auto-focus, and auto-exposure. Edges slightly unsharp, and cam size a little large. Best feature: Li-ion batt., always enough and charges in cam. Worst feature: slow ISO equiv. means no indoor pics without flash (e.g. amateur theatricals).