FujiFilm MX-1500 (Finepix 1500)

Announced May 18, 1999 •

Takes fantastic closeup micro photos. Zoom not as good. I still have my Fuji MX-1500 and use it when I want a good quality photo. I bought it brand new circa 1999 it cost me $1,500 which is why I'm reluctant to toss it out. Its only good for still photos (no movies) has all the features you could need for a still camera. Only problem I have is the battery consumption is enormous. It has an option for a 3V DC input but I've never been able to get one that works.

Bought it used sept 2002. Included was 128 MB of memory and a very handy USB-adapter - price 150 USD. Very easy to use. Takes great pictures. Fast startup and syncronisation trigger > exposure. Allways bringing it with me. We are a happy couple ;). /Johan / Stockholm Problems: The battery meter shows low battery fast, but there is still much power to get out of the two AA type batteries. I use loadables and bringen an extra pair with me. I don´t use LCD a lot, but the flash do lots of working.

it looks good so far. Problems: I bought it 2nd hand so i don't have the manual. I don't know how to take macro pictures and don't know if it's usable as a webcam. I need help basically.

I bouht it 3 jears ago as a bargain. I use it all the time to picture people in the audience for the band's website. I love the easy to use menu and the excellent results. never regretted buying it. Problems: Fuji seemed to stop support of this type before I bought it. never found a proper manual or a software update. But then, I never really missed it.

"IF" you can find one...BUY IT ! Problems: none

Nice rigid camera, easy to use and good for value. When use with GP 1,800mAh NiMH cells, it will last very long time. Problems: Battery lifetime too short, need to carry more cells. And the supplied charger too slow.

Generally a very good camera, although it is a bit out-date but still better than some new ones. Problems: Slow download, card reader is a must. NiMh battery is another must.

Excellent pocket camera. Get a USB reader and it's great. Been using it for 2/3 years with no worries. Problems: Rubbish serial upload - get a USB reader

Great camera!!! Have it for 3 years now and its still a beauty. Obviously comparing to nowadays cameras, this one is low on res. and lack USB.... still its a great looking machine, its light weight, is made with metal, it feels quality all round. Still miles better than loads of others. Keep it up Fuji. I am sticking with Fuji for my nexg camera. Problems: Lack usb, slow transfer rate but easily fix by purchasing a SM card reader.

Excellent camera for snapshot. I have been using the camera for 2 years. The image quality in comparison with other 1.3mpixel camera is excellent. I have tried the Olympus C1Z 1.3 megapixel digital camera and still find the FujiFilm MX1500 is much better in both image quality sharpness and ease of use. The Fuji 101 model is lack of the video out and has a plastic case. This camera is aluminium case! Need a card reader for download the image. It is a must for all digital camera. Use AA ...