FujiFilm FinePix S6000fd (FinePix S6500fd)

Announced Jul 13, 2006 •
6 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 28 – 300 mm (10.7×)

I own it for 8 month now. Flat image is my biggest complaint, especially with photo taken outdoor. I always have to post-process if I want real black. You can aslo underexposed -1/3Ev. Auto mode, and lots of SP modes, especially "natural light+Flash", use hight iso levels, higher than required imo. There's also a problem with colors when taking a landscape in P mode. So flat again... better shoot in landscape mode or pp. Manuel focus !? I've never success in achieving a proper focus. Too slim ...

overall I'm very dissapointed with the picture quality of this camera. My wife's A500 takes better, sharper photos than the 6500. I bought a Panny FZ50 a week ago and since then I havent even picked up the Fuji. The FZ50 produces pictures that are a world apart from the 6500

OVERALL SUMMARY .. By taking care when shooting and then by investing (not inconsiderable) time in post processing, this camera is capable of producing very decent images. Like most cameras, it has a number of irritations and annoyances which could/ should have been designed out from the start but the one blemish that can sometimes really take the edge off performance is highlight and to a lesser extent shadow clipping. In terms of value for money, however, this camera must be pretty near ...

Hi got my camara today from uk (£214.00) Iam a beginner now looking for the right bag for it Any advice would be nice .off to thailand soon so hope it dos the job Thaks