FujiFilm FinePix S6000fd (FinePix S6500fd)

Announced Jul 13, 2006 •
6 megapixels | 2.5 screen | 28 – 300 mm (10.7×)

I have used several cameras, Olympus C5060W, Canon 300D,Canon 400D, Nikon D50, Kodak P880, Panasonic Lumix FZ20, Canon powershot S20,Casio Exlim Z750 and Fujifilm S6500fd. By, S6500fd has the best auto white balance, it nearly gives the perfect white balance, unlike what the review said. If you don't get the best wb in the first instance, try to switch off/on again, it will automatically detect the environment again. In terms of this, it beat 300D, 400D, D50 hands on. The only way these dSLR ...

Hi got my camara today from uk (£214.00) Iam a beginner now looking for the right bag for it Any advice would be nice .off to thailand soon so hope it dos the job Thaks

I've had it for three months and taken 500+ photos during two tours to China and Thailand. It's an excellent camera compared with competitors in terms of image quality (outdoor and indoor), features and value for money. Actually I like it more than an entry level DSLR. Problems: None.

I have always been partial to fuji but I love my new s6000. Having had a s3800 before I dropped it. The Finepix line keeps getting better and better. High speed action is captured w/o hardly any blurring (in auto mode), unlike a relatives Sony H-5. Problems: Only possible problem is the battery door is not the best.

Well, I really do like the cam. The hand controlled zoom is fantastic (makes you reaaaly fast), the pictures are just great in all possible situations (I especially like the portraits). The video performance is great as well. So I'm really happy with the cam. Problems: - No flash shoe (but built in flash is great) - No power-left indicator (can't be precise anyway, but...) - No tilt screen (I can live with this one) - Some funny noise in videos (sounds like auto focus) I would be really happy ...

It's closest you can get to a DSLR without buying one. The CCD sensor is simply amazing - 3200 ISO is really usable. The lens is sharp and covers wide range of 28-300 mm zoom. Body construction is excellent, LCD display is great. The software corrects barrel distrtion during jpeg compression ! Problems: IS is really needed; High ISO is good but far from true DSLR quality; the lens is rather slow for it's size; EVF is just fine; battery doors must be carefully closed.