Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom

Announced Mar 22, 2001 •

I do not recommend this camera. After owning this camera since it first came out, I've discovered all of its flaws: very slow lag time between pressing the button the picture being taken, poor focus in low light, and sometimes it switches from Auto to SP to Movie to some other setting all by itself. I have to wait a minute for it to stop seizuring until I can finally take a picture. Nice zoom. Poor battery life. Durable construction. I will never buy another fuji camera. Problems: As already ...

I have a question: Does anybody know which would be the good zoom lense for 6900Z? Not too expensive, I just want to try one and see how it works! Problems: NO

TLE

This was my last pro-sumer camera before I got the S2Pro and sold this camera. A nice little camera with sufficient features. It was of course a direct ascendent of the FP4900Z that I had earlier. Good image quality, lot of zoom at that time and quite fast. Problems: Never REALLY liked the electronic viewfinder...

This was my first venture into the Digital Age of Photography and what a great little camera it turned out to be. Took literally thousands of photos with the 6900z and sold it on to a friend a year ago who is still using it regularly. Superb images and user friendly as most Fuji cameras are. Great build quality too. Problems: Only negative comment would be against the rechargable battery,NP80....would have preffered to use AA's.

T.N.

This is the best camera I’ve ever used!!! I have it from almost 3 years and I have more than 30000 pictures. The camera works perfectly. I tried Canon Pro1 and I took a decision not to change it. Canon is noisier and have problem with focusing. Especially in dark places. I tried many other cameras but I was unsatisfied! This Fuji is classic and I will not change it for now. Problems: The avi files are only 10 frames/sec and without sound – but the purpose I bought it was to make pictures.

I purchased the FinePix 6900 when it was new on the market. It took great shots in all conditions. I didn't like the auto zoom--the power switch was where the shutter switch should be---time exposure was not good---battery life was good---the camera is light and durable. Problems: The lite sensor failed and I can only use full manual settings. The LCD is barely visible in daylight and the pictures are underexposed unless I use manual settings. Rather than spending money for repair I am going ...

i used this camera to snap shot images of the total lunar eclipse that occured during november 2003...no accessories were attached to the camera, neither it was attached to a telescope, only a tripod and the built-in zoom feature were used, the results were excellent, features on the moon [craters, mares...] were really clear and well detailed, amazing how rich the images are just using the zoom feature.

Perhaps the most "SLR-like" digital camera I've used. We shoot primarily studio and some industrial/location work for a small corporate studio operation. The camera takes a licking and keeps on taking, but it's not been trouble-free. My major complaints center on three factors: lens barrel distortion, unreliability of the SmartMedia storage cards, and skintone inaccuracy. Positives: hot shoe (although I wish it were dedicated to a "smart flash," nice zoom length, sharp-as-a-tack photos, and ...

EXCELENT CAMERA VERY GOOD IMAGE QUALITY!!JUST BUY IT!! Problems: VIDEO WITHOUT SOUND, PC AND AC ADAPTER DOOR IS VERY BAD LOCATED,BATERY LIFE A LITLE SHORT IT WOULD BE BETTER IF IT USES NORMAL/ BATERIES;R 6 TYPE.

ido

easy to use, excellent images. it luck of 2 important features for me: 1. no bulb - the lonegst apperure 3 seconds too poor 2. evp - very poor