Fujifilm FinePix 50i

Announced May 29, 2001 •
Søren

I really like this camera - but I have some problems with it now. see problems! Problems: 1. First some pixelerrors encountered. Some areas of the picture are totally purple. For instance the sky on an outdoor picture will turn purple. 2. Now the camera cant turn off or turn on. The green LED is always turned on and no click on the buttons changes this state. Does anyone know of theese malfunctions?

Fantastic piece of equipment for its time, which has never really been replicated as far as I know! Small, compact, even by today's standards... Problems: First model I had developed dust on the sensor, strange 'hallucinogenic' pixels, and eventually failed to turn off or on. UNder warranty this was replaced, but now two years later 'hallucinogenic' pixels are appearing again, and the camera sometimes fails to turn on and off, without removing the battery. Hopefully it will keep going, as I ...

JVS

Excellent little camera which takes great shots. No real problems. Problems: The front cover is to easy to nudge which causes the camera to momentarily turn off.

Daniel Lin

This camera is good in quality of picture which is enough for home application. and good Mp3 is ok for playing in walking, Problems: Problem it has to be charged by cradle and I have problem of the battery, and now the Camera could not shut off and I have changed two battery but it seems this problem still did not settled. Maybe someone can give me any suggestion how to let it shut off. Thank you very much!

this cam is amazing, its slick, the quality is good enough for posting on the internet albums with 1 to 2MP mode, plus it has a video capture for 80 seconds which is good for emergency candid videos :-) Problems: the cam's metal casing will become hot when u use it continuously, and the battery is good for around 100 to 200 pics, because flash uses most power of it, and if u'r playing mp3 for it, from my experience, it can last for around 4 hours of playing. too bad it can only be charged ...

Good cam, just got it, so havn't used it much Problems: When recording vids, the sound is will go out of sync after about 10sec of recording. is this normal?

I have been torn between buying the Minolta Dimage X and the Fuji finepix 50i for the past week and finally decided for the 50i (although the minolta looks cooler, the 50i is supposed to deliver better quality pictures). The only problem is finding the camera for the right price (I live in Europe). In continetal europe the stores want EUR 750. In the UK only 3 stores carry the product (exclusive agreement with Fuji): Dixons, Curries and PC World. Of these 3 Curries is the cheapest (GBP 359 ...

I had bought one in Hong Kong and it cost only around US$309. Since I had a Canon G1 already, so on my words, if you really care about the photo quality, go for some semi-pro machine. For this 50i, you can carry it daily for music and snap shot for fun. So beside my mobile phone, this is the number 2 item that I put it in my backpack everyday! Problems: Battery life too short.

Bought japanese version from HK since december. Pros includes easy to use. Cons: bad auto focus, lack of optical zoom, poor picture quality for close and distant objects, poor quality for quick shots on moving objects, mp3 takes up too much space from memory card, must charge and upload pictures through cradle. Problems: Dropped on floor once and camera's dead. Send to and fixed in japan on warranty.

just bought a 50i from hong kong and can't seem to change the language to english. Other than this it's quite beautiful. If anybody knows how to remedy this please e-mail me azzarati@yahoo.uk.co