|Previous news story Next news story|
Tamron develops 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 VC for Micro Four Thirds
Tamron has announced that it's developing an image stabilised superzoom lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras. The 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III VC (Model C001) is poised to become the first third-party zoom for the system, and will offer a 28-300mm equivalent focal length range. It uses the company's Vibration Control (VC) system to counteract hand-shake, and a stepper motor for fast and silent autofocus. The lens will also feature a metal barrel and be available in a black or silver finish. Price and availibility are still to be confirmed.
Tamron announces the development of the company's first Micro Four Thirds high-power zoom lens, equivalent to 28-300mm in the 35mm full-frame format
Tamron 14-150mm F/3.5-5.8 Di III VC (Model C001) with Tamron's proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation)* mechanism and sophisticated metal finish in two colors - black and silver
January 29, 2013, Saitama, Japan - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announces the development of a high-power zoom lens designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras.
- With one LD (Low Dispersion) glass element, two molded-glass aspherical elements and one hybrid aspherical element, Tamron's new Micro Four Thirds high-power zoom lens delivers leading-edge high image quality by thoroughly compensating for aberrations.
- The ingenious optical design achieves a compact body with a filter diameter of just 52mm despite being equipped with the Tamron's highly regarded VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism.
- A stepping motor optimized for this model provides silent, quick and accurate auto focusing.
- This lens is equipped with Tamron's acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation) mechanism. The VC mechanism reduces image blur caused by camera shake to deliver sharp images. This makes it possible for hand-held shooting in any unstable position with extremely light mirrorless cameras. The VC is also optimized for movie images and smooth scenes.**
- The metal lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver, providing the most popular color options to match high end cameras.
- Using a circular diaphragm***, this lens achieves spectacular background blur effects.
* VC (Vibration Compensation) is Tamron's proprietary image stabilization mechanism.
** The lens VC feature should be turned off, when used with cameras that have built-in image stabilization functions (such as those made by Olympus).
*** The circular diaphragm retains a near circular shape even when taken two stops down from a wide open position.
|35mm equiv focal length||28-300mm|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 13 groups|
|Minimum focus||0.5m (19.7 in.)|
|Max. magnification||1:3.8 (at f=150mm: MFD 0.5m)|
|Length||80.4mm (3.2 in.)|
|Weight||280g (9.9 oz.)|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (Circular diaphragm)|
|Supplied accessory||Flower-shaped lens hood|
|Mount||Micro Four Thirds|