|Previous news story Next news story|
Adobe announces Photoshop Elements 11
Adobe has released version 11 of Photoshop Elements, its entry-level image-editing software. This new version introduces a redesigned UI featuring a brighter background and larger type for greater readability along with easier access to commonly used tools. A new Quick Edit mode offers a simplified interface for beginners, while seasoned users can take advantage of new lens blur filters, tilt-shift, vignetting and contrast editing tools. It is available for $99.99 and previous version owners can upgrade for $79.99. Adobe is also releasing Premiere Elements 11, its video-editing software, with an identical UI redesign and Quick Edit mode at the same price. A bundle containing both programs is also available for $149.99, or $119.99 for current bundle owners.
With this latest release, Adobe's Photoshop Elements team has concentrated primarily on improving workflow and the user experience rather than adding a long list of features and effects. Addressing long-standing complaints of hard-to-read text on a dark UI of previous iterations, this new version uses a light gray background and larger type, along with a decidedly app-like icon-based interface to present novice users with only the tools they are likely to use. All of the functionality of Elements 10 remains for more seasoned users, however, and new lens blur filters (from Photoshop CS) and simulated drawing effects are found in Elements 11 as well. As with the previous version of Elements, you have access to the Adobe Camera Raw processing engine with Basic, Detail and Camera Calibration tabs for a wide range of editing options for Raw files.
The Elements Organizer, the program's image management interface, sees changes as well. Beyond the redesigned UI, you can now easily filter images with new People, Place and Event views. Leveraging Adobe's face recognition algorithms you can have photos automatically sorted into separate stacks for individual friends, colleagues or family members. A Google-powered map interface allows for both automatic and manual geo-tagging of photos. And a Smart Events options lets you automatically group photos by capture time with the ability to adjust the granularity of the date/time range.
You can email both still images and videos or upload them directly to popular sharing sites likes Facebook, Flickr, Cewe Photobook (Europe) YouTube and Vimeo.
Adobe Introduces All-New Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Sept. 25, 2012 - Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 11 and Adobe® Premiere® Elements 11, newly designed versions of its No. 1 selling consumer photo- and video-editing software*. Photoshop Elements 11 offers a complete solution for editing, organizing and sharing photo creations while Premiere Elements 11 offers easy creation of engaging home movies with professional flair. Available as stand-alone products, Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 can also be purchased together in a low-priced bundle, providing powerful, easy-to-use tools that simplify editing and turn everyday snapshots and videos into sensational photos and home movies, creating memories that can instantly be shared with friends and family. Both solutions are available for Windows® and Mac.
“Photos and videos allow us to capture and share moments in time,” said Lea Hickman, vice president products, Creative Consumer Business, Adobe. “Powerful – yet friendly and easy to use – Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 inspire creativity and help consumers make the most of remembering and sharing these personal memories.”
Create Great Photos with Powerful, Intuitive Tools in Photoshop Elements 11
Make photos look their best with editing options that offer virtually everything from quick fixes to a number of creative possibilities:
- A completely refreshed, user-friendly interface featuring the same engine as Adobe Photoshop - the industry standard for digital imaging - includes easily-navigated Quick, Guided and Expert editing modes; one-click options; a helpful Action bar; and big, bold icons to help users get the most from their shots
- Organize photos based on people, places (via Google maps geo-tagging) or events easily and intuitively
- New Guided Edits make pro-level effects like tilt-shift, vignettes and high and low-key easy to create
- New filters – Comic, Graphic Novel and Pen & Ink – inspire creativity by turning photos into stunning illustrations
- Intelligent Photoshop technology makes it easy to extract objects from different photos
- Easily share photos via email, Facebook, YouTube™, Vimeo® and more†
Pro-quality Videos Made Easy with Premiere Elements 11
Create attractive, pro-level videos with automated moviemaking options to take the work out of editing:
- An entirely new and improved user interface including many of the same updates found in Photoshop Elements 11
- Add polish with a wide range of great-looking effects, transitions, themes, titles, disc menus, and professional-level effects and sound
- Give videos Hollywood movie styles with FilmLooks; easily apply slow and fast motion effects; dial-in colors with slider controls; effortlessly integrate blends for seamless transitions; and make adjustments with Quick Presets
- Show off finished creations with integrated video sharing on Vimeo†
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11 software for Windows and Mac is available now at www.adobe.com, and will soon be available at retail outlets such as Amazon.com, B and H Photo and Video, Best Buy, Costco, New Egg, Office Depot and Staples. The Photoshop Elements 11 & Premiere Elements 11 bundle is available now for a suggested retail price of US$149.99, with upgrade pricing of US$119.99. Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11 are available individually for a suggested retail price of US$99.99, with upgrade pricing of US$79.99. (Prices listed are the Adobe direct store prices in the U.S.; reseller prices may vary. Prices do not include tax or shipping and handling.)
Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers and the Adobe Education Store. Visit www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/volumelicensing/education for more information about education volume licensing for higher education and K-12 institutions.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.