|Previous news story Next news story|
Panasonic updates firmware for GX1 and 100-300mm F4.0-5.6 Mega OIS
Panasonic is offering updated firmware for its DMC-GX1 enthusiast Micro Four Thirds model, and its 100-300mm telephoto lens. The GX1 update adds a series of interface and function improvements, including enhanced auto white balance and continuous autofocus. Meanwhile the 100-300mm lens' image stabilization is improved. The firmware will be available at the end of January.
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for DMC-GX1 and LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300) to Enhance Performance and Usability
Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system camera DMC-GX1 and LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300) of LUMIX G Micro System. The firmware will be released to enhance the performance and usability in its control.
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
- Enhancement in the performance of AWB
- Enhancement in the performance of [AFF] (AF Flexible) and [AFC] (AF Continuous)
- Improved stability when used with the SD Memory Card complying with UHS-I
- Addition of [STEP ZOOM] and [ZOOM SPEED] in the setting of [Fn] (Function) button and [Q.MENU]
- Reflection of [DRIVE MODE] settings to [CUSTOM SETTING]
- [MENU RESUME] in each menu tab
- Page flip in the menu tab with [DISP.] (Display) button
LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
- Improved performance of O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)