Panasonic updates firmware for GX1 and 100-300mm F4.0-5.6 Mega OIS
Jan 18, 2012 at 19:15:50 GMT
Panasonic is offering updated firmware for its DMC-GX1 enthusiast Micro Four Thirds model, and its 100-300mm telephoto lens. The GX1 update adds a series of interface and function improvements, including enhanced auto white balance and continuous autofocus. Meanwhile the 100-300mm lens' image stabilization is improved. The firmware will be available at the end of January.
Click here for the latest firmware (available 'at the end of January')
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for DMC-GX1 and LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300) to Enhance Performance and Usability
Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system camera DMC-GX1 and LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300) of LUMIX G Micro System. The firmware will be released to enhance the performance and usability in its control.
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
- Enhancement in the performance of AWB
- Enhancement in the performance of [AFF] (AF Flexible) and [AFC] (AF Continuous)
- Improved stability when used with the SD Memory Card complying with UHS-I
- Addition of [STEP ZOOM] and [ZOOM SPEED] in the setting of [Fn] (Function) button and [Q.MENU]
- Reflection of [DRIVE MODE] settings to [CUSTOM SETTING]
- [MENU RESUME] in each menu tab
- Page flip in the menu tab with [DISP.] (Display) button
LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
- Improved performance of O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)