|Previous news story Next news story|
Ricoh has announced the CX6, the latest in its line of compact superzoom cameras. It features a 10MP back-lit CMOS sensor and the familiar 10.7x 28-300mm equivalent image stabilized zoom lens. The latest model features improved processing and hardware to offer faster focusing (with claimed AF times as fast as 0.1 sec), as well as a dedicated movie shooting button. It also gains Aperture and Shutter Priority exposure modes and the Sony WhiteMagic 1.23M dot VGA LCD screen.
Featuring high-speed autofocus as fast as 0.1 seconds and zoom assist monitor for easier telephoto photography
Tokyo, Japan, November 15, 2011—Ricoh Co., Ltd. (president and CEO: Shiro Kondo) today announced the development and release of the CX6, a new digital camera featuring a high magnification 10.7x (28-300 mm) optical wide-angle zoom lens that achieves even shorter autofocus (AF) times through the introduction of a new AF system.
With the adoption of a new system enhancing both the hardware and software of the hybrid AF system introduced on the CX5, the new CX6 achieves AF focusing times as fast as 0.1 seconds. You will be sure to capture that fleeting shutter chance.
The high-brightness LCD monitor is approximately 1.7 times brighter than the previous model for better visibility outdoors. The CX6 also adds a function for automatic adjustment of brightness based on the level of brightness of the subject, and this make it possible to minimize the loss of visibility that can occur due to changes in the shooting environment. In addition, for telephoto shooting, the new zoom assist monitor function displays a small image on the LCD monitor so that you can always check the framing of the shot.
The new aperture/shutter-speed priority modes enable you to more richly express the atmosphere of the subject, and the snap movie function lets you more easily enjoy shooting movies. A release button especially for movies has also been added, and a wider range of functions (autofocus, zoom, etc.) are available for movie shooting.
The CX6 compact digital camera takes the design concept of “A tool you will want to use every day” another step forward.
Available in three colors: Black, Silver, and Pink.
1. Even greater speed achieved with enhancement of Ricoh’s original hybrid AF system
*AF focusing times were measured under Ricoh measurement conditions.
2. Easy framing of telephoto shots with the new zoom assist monitor function
3. Super-resolution technology and a noise reduction function for high image quality across a wide range of photo expression
4. Aperture/shutter-speed priority (A/S) modes have been added to the mode dial for even greater shooting freedom
5. 10.7x 28-300 mm optical zoom plus super-resolution zoom equivalent to up to 600 mm
6. Movie release button added for easier movie shooting
*The sound is recorded in stereo, but playback on the camera is done in monaural.
7. High-brightness LCD monitor approx. 1.7 times brighter than before; automatic brightness adjustment function also added
*White pixels added to RGB for approximately 1.23 million dots.
8. "Bleach bypass" added for more creative fun with creative shooting mode
|Soft case (black)||SC-100BK|
|Soft case (white)||SC-100WT|
|Neck strap (black)||ST-4BK|
|Neck strap (pink)||ST-4PK|
|Neck strap (blue)||ST-4BL|
|Neck strap (green)||ST-4GR|
|Neck strap (brown)||ST-4BN|